This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 2613

Dlauth
Coilovers   Posted Sat May 1, 04   8:29 AM     

Im thinking about getting coilovers for better turning and lowering. I was just wondering what brand you would recomend. I have been looking at a Edelbrock IAS coilovers. It has Ebaich springs with it also. If you know anything about these coilovers share them plz. Here is the site for Edelbrock http://edelbrock.com/automotive/sport_compact/index.html

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Coilovers   Posted Sat May 1, 04   12:23 PM     

If you want to get suspension for your car (i think you have a civic?) then just get the Mugen Suspension kit, it is sorta kinda expensive, but if your gonna build a honda, you might as well go mugen.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
SweetNeon

Re: Coilovers   Posted Mon May 3, 04   9:12 PM     

why mugen?

talljosh85
Re: Coilovers   Posted Tue May 4, 04   1:34 AM     

What kind of car are these for? I really like Tein myself, but their stuff is really pricey. I know Edelbrock is relatively new to the import market, but Eibach makes good stuff at a decent price, so you can trust their stuff (In my opinion). Another option is to go with tokico or koni and then run the springs you want, (of which there are many, many brands). Coil overs are a good way to go when upgrading the suspension, but while your doing these, don't forget to upgrade your sway bars and strut bars, which also aid in improving handling.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
Dlauth
Re: Coilovers   Posted Tue May 4, 04   5:29 AM     

Do you know the prices on the coilovers you mentioned? I want to know how pricey the teins are. Thanks

talljosh85
Re: Coilovers   Posted Tue May 4, 04   5:58 PM     

Teins can be like maybe $700 (at the cheapest) a set and up, I haven't really looked around much for them, the set I want are like $1,400 for the four. I just suggest looking around, optionsautosalon.com might have them, and I'm not sure who else (depending on the car, since so many places are specialized towards one car or manufacturer). Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Coilovers   Posted Thu May 6, 04   10:31 PM     

I saw a set of Teins at Diamond Bar Honda for $999, and thats a dealer. I would go mugen over tein, because mugen IS hondas tuning company, its nto much more expensive either.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"