This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 10722

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
SweetNeon

Re: NickQ, can u help?   Posted Fri May 7, 04   7:04 PM     

i truly do not understand how you get your awnsers, there is a handful of daily driven ls/vtec's in the valley that im sure wouldn't mind taking it up to 9k and haven't experienced any major problems, shit there even were a few locals with them on this message board at one time, this one dude that was on here had a dope civic with a ls/tec daily driven that would constantly take it up over 9k all the time until he got it alittle over 10k and bent some valves but it shows the reliability of the engines.

And how are you getting confused about my question that I put in bold letters in my post that started this all?

and you really must not of noticed my question if you think i was comparing to some thing

are you delirious or some thing? and i also don't think you should be helping people out on this board because you obviously don't know what your talking about and you will be confusing some of these 12 year olds in here, some day they mite even end up thinking about building a Honda for gods stake

SuperKid
Re: NickQ, can u help?   Posted Fri May 7, 04   8:33 PM     

It's amzing that you say a guy that OWNS A HONDA knows nothing about hondas. Yet you think you know everything about Hondas when you own a fucking POS neon. You're a dumbass.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
http://www.gang-wars.com/index.html?load=1055341
SweetNeon

Re: NickQ, can u help?   Posted Sat May 8, 04   7:11 AM     

STFU you dont know my back ground so dont talk when you dont know what the fuck your talking about

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: NickQ, can u help?   Posted Sat May 8, 04   5:27 PM     

You dont know your own background. Just because soem fo yoru "friends" rev their motors to 9k doesnt mean your necissarily supposed to. When i say you cant get it up to 9k rpms, i dont mean that its physically impossible, but that you REALLY SHOULDNT DO IT, unless youve built your motor enough to the poitn fo where it can handle it. This part here si for NickQ- i searched online for those jackson superchargers; those fuckers are expensive. Its 2600 bucks for the JRSC kit for the integra ls. whereever you got 1000 bucks from, go ahead and give me a link/ adress etc..

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
SuperKid
Re: NickQ, can u help?   Posted Sun May 9, 04   2:34 PM     

You obviously don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You know Jack shit. Your responses make me think you're some kind of retarded chimp or something. The things you say are completely stupid.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
http://www.gang-wars.com/index.html?load=1055341
NickQ
Re: NickQ, can u help?   Posted Sun May 9, 04   2:45 PM     

In reply to:

i truly do not understand how you get your awnsers, there is a handful of daily driven ls/vtec's in the valley that im sure wouldn't mind taking it up to 9k and haven't experienced any major problems, shit there even were a few locals with them on this message board at one time, this one dude that was on here had a dope civic with a ls/tec daily driven that would constantly take it up over 9k all the time until he got it alittle over 10k and bent some valves but it shows the reliability of the engines.

And how are you getting confused about my question that I put in bold letters in my post that started this all?

and you really must not of noticed my question if you think i was comparing to some thing

are you delirious or some thing? and i also don't think you should be helping people out on this board because you obviously don't know what your talking about and you will be confusing some of these 12 year olds in here, some day they mite even end up thinking about building a Honda for gods stake

Jesus christ, haha

Just because your friends are doing it, and haven't had problems yet, does not mean that they are all of a sudden reliable motors. One of my best friends drives a turboed GSR integra w/ 160,000 miles on the motor. He is pushing nearley 360whp on a stock motor. Another is pushing over 330whp on his turboed civic. It is reccomended not to go over 300whp on a stock B series motor to be safe, yet they are way over that. So everyone else out there MUST be wrong, since THEY are doing it. lol. Just because you and your group of friends in the valley are not experiencing problems, does not disprove the rest of the tuning community that opposes LS/VTEC.

As far as not understanding your question, in order to determine how reliable a motor is, you need to compare it to something, right. Cause if you don't compare it to something, there is really no basis for reliability is there?

If I still haven't awnsered your question, well, then just ask it a different way, cause I think I have been pretty clear. Here are some other articles/info on the downsides and upsides of LS/VTEC:

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic112840.htm
http://www.hstuners.com/news/wmview.php?ArtID=6
http://www.highaltitudeimports.com/showthread.php?t=4353
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158298
http://www.phatwhippincrx.20m.com/custom4.html

My whole point is, that all this stuff is not reccomended. IT is not reccomended to rev an LS/VTEC that high. Doesn't mean it can't be done. So the fuck what if your buddies, or some "dope ass" civic here was doing it. I hope you understand, that I am not trying to say that it can't be done, or that you are wrong, I am trying to explain the downfalls of that setup.

[External Image Removed]
13.6 @ 100 2.1 - 60'
SweetNeon

Re: NickQ, can u help?   Posted Wed May 12, 04   6:24 PM     

here you go again going off the topic advoiding my arguement.

Its easy to judge the reliablity of an engine with out compairing it to some thing. if some one builds a race motor that lasts a good amount of time i call it reliable its as simple as that

now your contradicting your self

ShadowDragon
Re: NickQ, can u help?   Posted Wed May 12, 04   9:18 PM     

ok so lets say I was to build an engine and it lasts for ...oh a month with no problems what so ever you would claim that as reliable? then how do you personally figure out unreliable engines sir "sweetNeon"?

personally I hope you have someone with good mechanic smarts to double check your car so you don't end up like my friend did

NickQ
Re: NickQ, can u help?   Posted Fri May 14, 04   2:34 PM     

In reply to:

Originally posted by sweetneon
here you go again going off the topic advoiding my arguement.

Its easy to judge the reliablity of an engine with out compairing it to some thing. if some one builds a race motor that lasts a good amount of time i call it reliable its as simple as that

now your contradicting your self

I did compare it to someting. A B16 or a GSR motor. Re-read my posts:

In reply to:

Good power? Yes. Reliably, compared to a b18c or b16? No

Then you had a problem with that:

In reply to:

Now, do you want me to compare them? Or you not? Or.....? lol

How am I going off the topic?

[External Image Removed]
13.6 @ 100 2.1 - 60'
SweetNeon

Re: NickQ, can u help?   Posted Fri May 14, 04   6:56 PM     

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? CAN YOU READ? LAY OFF THE DRUGS

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)