This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 9953

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Streetslayer
starting out   Posted Sat Apr 10, 04   3:29 PM     

Hey all..........
I'm kinda new at all this stuff.... I'm not much of a racer however i do like customizing..... I'm starting out with a Nissan Stanza...... any help on what kind of equipment that would be good for lowering and engine customization would be much appreciated
thanx in advance........ byez!

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: starting out   Posted Sat Apr 10, 04   8:31 PM     

Id reccomend getting a new car.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
sleepyman
Re: starting out   Posted Sun Apr 11, 04   2:25 PM     

Why does this rotary guy always offer a really unhelpful comment without any real advice

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: starting out   Posted Sun Apr 11, 04   4:25 PM     

What the hell are you talking about. Theres plenty fo advice in "Get a new car". How do you know if i ALWAYS give no advice, you registered yesterday. Keep your mouth shut, because i dont see you giving any advice newjack.

Samir "Office Space"
SweetNeon

Re: starting out   Posted Sun Apr 11, 04   9:21 PM     

man fuck both of you, get off this fucking site ya god dam idiots, and maybe in a few years we will have some locals on here

sileighty

Re: starting out   Posted Mon Apr 19, 04   12:51 AM     

what year is your stanza

when in doubt! use the E-brake
LethalToy

Re: starting out   Posted Fri Apr 23, 04   1:05 AM     

Deja fucking Vu.

Once again Chad posting "Get the fuck off this site"

Just that comment must be attributed to at least 50 or so of his posts.

As for the Stanza...... it's not really a good platform to build from but if it's all you got or can get.......

Tein coilovers (if available) to lower and increase handling.

Cold air intake, throttle body and exhaust. You can do these yourself and then you can start with internals.

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
[External Image Removed]
talljosh85
Re: starting out   Posted Sun Apr 25, 04   1:51 AM     

I vote to look for something else. Being original and doing a car that pretty much nobody modifies is a cool thing to do, but if you're just starting out, you might end up spending a bunch of $ and then end up selling your car at a loss because of the money you spent on it. Plus, by doing something more tried and true, there is already a knowledge base of what and what not to do. I don't know what kind of money you plan to spend, if you want show or go, what kind of mechanical experience you have or who can help you, but I just suggest picking up some magazines and looking and different cars before you decide what to do. Also, the internet, as always, has a huge amount of info. If you want to stick with imports, try these websites: www.sportcompactcarweb.com , www.superstreetonline.com , www.importtuner.com , www.eurotuner.com (I think). Also, I think it was either streetracing.com or streetracingonline.com that had a whole section under "Articles" about different cars to start with, their cost, the possibilities, that sort of thing. If you decide to go domestic, you'll have to decide which era to go for, because the possibilities are more or less unlimited (well, except maybe by cost). Good luck with whatever you decide, sorry for all the unrelated bs that goes back and forth. Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
SweetNeon

Re: starting out   Posted Sun Apr 25, 04   6:13 PM     

you act like you know some thing

LethalToy

Re: starting out   Posted Sun Apr 25, 04   11:16 PM     

I know enough to get me in trouble.

And I know that itch I got from your mother can be soothed by precription medication.

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: starting out   Posted Mon Apr 26, 04   10:52 PM     

Do you live in one of those trailer houses?

LethalToy

Re: starting out   Posted Mon Apr 26, 04   11:36 PM     

No. But I can't believe with all those tornadoes and hurricanes I see on U.S. television that your trailer court has yet to be hit.

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: starting out   Posted Tue Apr 27, 04   9:16 AM     

no trailers in my country club buddy

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: starting out   Posted Tue Apr 27, 04   3:25 PM     

He doesnt live in a trailer, he lives in a "Mobile Estate"

Samir "Office Space"
SweetNeon

Re: starting out   Posted Wed Apr 28, 04   9:25 PM     

i feal like giving a donation to the poor when i hear about those mobile estates, do you need any kind of help lethal

Pages in this thread: (1) 2