This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 10817

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
Phatmatt

Re: Exhaust   Posted Sat Apr 10, 04   1:34 AM     

dude I honestly would worry about spending tons of cash for ANY kind of exhaust system. BASICALLY you're paying for pipes. I don't really want to spend 600 bucks on any kind of system no matter what name is stamped on it. Just find a shop to get you a nice 3" setup and get a muffler you like.

Your NA setup WILL sound like shit though, and a turbo setup will sound like the devil........ in a good way. NA= crappy stupid buzz and rattle.... like your muffler has gone bad TURBO= fantastic growl with an underlying woosh.

as for the cat, they are basically saying you have to modify it so it works with the rest of the system. It won't fit up. I don't even have one. Street-legal? not really, but they don't check our cars here.

90civicSi
Re: Exhaust   Posted Wed Jun 30, 04   9:19 AM     

Apexi N1 and then a nice garrett turbo and then run a NPC intercooler and then youll have a quick ride and it will sound mean.

talljosh85
Re: Exhaust   Posted Wed Jun 30, 04   8:44 PM     

As others have and will probably say, exhaust systems are really overpriced in general. You can probably have a shop with a mandrel bender build you the pipes out of stainless (ideally ~3" or around 70-80mm in diameter), and weld on the muffler of your choice. Also, iIf you end up turbocharging it in the future, you'll be glad you went with the larger diameter. As far as cat backs, the Apex'i N1 flows well, but I don't care for the build quality that I've seen on their exhausts, or the prices at which they sell. I like Greddy, HKS and Blitz better personally. When they say it won't connect, they mean that the small diameter inlet (or outlet) on the stock cat won't bolt up to the larger diameter pipe. You should be able to get a high flow cat to replace your stock one, which will be very helpful in the future if you do go with forced induction. I don't know Thermal, so I can't help you out there. Good luck, Josh.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
ms692
Re: Exhaust   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   12:39 PM     

shit!

you can go fast but i can go anywhere because i own a land rover
Pages in this thread: 1 (2)