This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 1916

Dlauth
Emissions Test   Posted Fri Jan 30, 04   8:27 PM     

I am new to modifing cars. I was just wondering how do you pass the emissions test with modified exhaust, intake etc. Wouldn't these parts make you fail the test? I just wanted to know how do you pass the test with modified parts. Thanks

Metal396
Re: Emissions Test   Posted Sat Jan 31, 04   10:26 AM     

depends on what kind of car you have , and what year.. alot of aftermarket parts are emissions-friendly or whatever they call it now. california is tough on smog... but anything older than 25 years is exempt, so im safe hehe.

i hear lotsa stories of guys retarding their ignition timing , and running the car alittle lean for smog tests, then changing it back afterwards... i dont know how well it works, cause ive never had to smog a car.

----------------------------------------------------
-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
-98 Civic EX D16Y8 - 30mpg

Dlauth
Re: Emissions Test   Posted Sat Jan 31, 04   10:55 AM     

i have a 2000 honda civic si

MrPeabody

Re: Emissions Test   Posted Sat Jan 31, 04   4:55 PM     

An exhaust won't make a difference as long as it's cat-back. An intake must be CARB exempt, i.e. have a CARB # sticker on it for it to pass legally. Same goes with a header.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
Dave97RS
Re: Emissions Test   Posted Mon Feb 9, 04   2:27 PM     

lol Id just keep your stock stuff when u take it off, thats what i did, i have my stock headers, dp, and intake sittin in my garage. I think its worth the space when smog time comes.