This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 12286

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
SuperKid
Re: Drifting?   Posted Wed Jan 7, 04   6:27 PM     

I don't have any video of someone doing the gumtape deathmatch, but people actually do use this. It's rarely done do to it dangerousness. I have a cousin that's in the navy and she's stationed in Japan and has actually seen this type of match. I wish she would have had a camera when she saw it, I'm sure it would be spectacular and very exciting to watch.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
http://www.gang-wars.com/index.html?load=1055341
sweetcivic
Re: Drifting?   Posted Tue Jan 20, 04   2:53 PM     

I have yet to drift. But I have played NFS Underground where some of the races are actually drifting. In it, I turn into a sharp corner and hit the brake for a quick few seconds. when i do that, the car starts sliding down the road when you are done with that drift, hit the brake and then hit the gas and turn back straight. If you car has Stability or Traction control, disable that, that way it is much more easier to drift.

Catch my drift

sweetcivic racer
uglystick
Re: Drifting?   Posted Tue Jan 20, 04   3:03 PM     

Hey ben, did you catch that nice little, er...drift i did making the left from jensen onto golden state? i know travis didn't see it, but i think you did.

michellin trx's are some sloppy assed squirrelshoes.

jason

'81 Fiat Pininfarina Spyder; 2.0L DOHC 8Valve; 5 Speed; 10.44@188.3mph
Metal396
Re: Drifting?   Posted Tue Jan 20, 04   8:35 PM     

hehe i remember the days of e-brake drifting in the spectrum before i started driving the civic , funnest on dirt and/or in rain haha. that car was a pos.. or is... its still sitting out front unfortunately

----------------------------------------------------
-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
-98 Civic EX D16Y8 - 30mpg

MrPeabody

Re: Drifting?   Posted Tue Jan 20, 04   8:53 PM     

Bwahahaha! You looked like a friggin dork flying by me

Pretty cool though.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
uglystick
Re: Drifting?   Posted Wed Jan 21, 04   10:57 AM     

not that i was making some allegation that it was a controlled drift. more like a completely out of control 'the michellin TRX's surprised me'

car's a heap. it'll be fixed soon though. it's got some pooh yourself death wobbles hiding under the front sub.

jason

'81 Fiat Pininfarina Spyder; 2.0L DOHC 8Valve; 5 Speed; 10.44@188.3mph
Pages in this thread: 1 (2)