This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 1458

uglystick
3.0 CS & Saab 99 EMS Update   Posted Wed Dec 24, 03   11:02 AM     

we took it down to bare metal except for the front outer fenders which had an older type of sandable primer on them from prior work. we worked with that primer and simply smoothed out the front end, revealing a few details (body lines) that had been smoothed out with overuse of this filler type sandable primer. and no, that's not bondo. trust me, i found plenty of it elsewhere.

the car to bare metal (for the most part):

[External Image Removed]

and with primer:

[External Image Removed]

next up is the engine compartment detail and the trunk panel replacement to hang a fuel cell off of. nothing too exciting. the head is at the machine shop, bottom end is up next.

the saab engine is getting built like a brick shithouse. the maincap girdles are done, the ross forged pistons are in. they've determined a maximum valve size (shown below) and since the photos were taken have coated the pistons w/ anti friction on the skirts and anti heat on the tops; they've also o ringed the block deck.

http://orionoutdoor.com/jason/recent/saabguts/saabguts.html

'81 Fiat Pininfarina Spyder; 2.0L DOHC 8Valve; 5 Speed; 10.44@188.3mph
Metal396
Re: 3.0 CS & Saab 99 EMS Update   Posted Wed Dec 24, 03   4:24 PM     

god damn thats lookin sweet!!! i hope one day i will have your knowledge and utilities to do similar projects!!!! cant wait to see more of that come together!

----------------------------------------------------
-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
-98 Civic EX D16Y8 - 30mpg

jonorme
Re: 3.0 CS & Saab 99 EMS Update   Posted Sat Dec 27, 03   8:13 AM     

In reply to:

i hope one day i will have your knowledge and utilities to do similar projects!!!!

Ditto

- Jon