This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 3593

Rx_otary_Se7en

03' Civic Si   Posted Mon Nov 24, 03   9:49 PM     

Me and my bro raced a Prelude today. Vtec, 6 speed, looked pretty intimidating. The guy beat us, but by ony 7 feet or so, and i need some questions answered. This guy has a small number of modifications on his Prelude; Intake, Cams, lighter rims, and another modification or two. Heres the kicker; it was me, 250lbs, my brother,320lbs, and my friend,140lbs, while this guy was(well say 160, abnd doesnt look that heavy) and another guy who well say weighs about the same; thats a. For him to go against us in a perfectly stock Si, and only beat us by 7 feet , even with those modifications, sounds downright wrong. I know the we shoulda lost, but we shoulda lost by so much more. Anyone care to tell me what went wrong here, because im genuinely baffled.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
MrPeabody

Re: 03' Civic Si   Posted Tue Nov 25, 03   9:44 AM     

I would need more info on what year ‘lude it was. Also, they don't come in 6 speeds.

Chances are it was just some ricer who didn't know how to drive.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
SuperKid
Re: 03' Civic Si   Posted Tue Nov 25, 03   2:31 PM     

^^^ What he said. There's no way he would have only won by such a small margine unless he can't drive for shit.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 03' Civic Si   Posted Tue Nov 25, 03   7:36 PM     

its a 99 Prelude, and it does have a 6 speed trans in it, I know the guys brother and ive been inside of the car before. Your probably right about him no tknowing how to drive, every time he launched, he dropped it WAY to high and his wheels made a good spin.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
uglystick
Re: 03' Civic Si   Posted Wed Nov 26, 03   11:51 AM     

that sixth 'speed' is called reverse, culo.

jason

'81 Fiat Pininfarina Spyder; 2.0L DOHC 8Valve; 5 Speed; 10.44@188.3mph
NickQ
Re: 03' Civic Si   Posted Thu Nov 27, 03   12:33 AM     

They did not come with 6 speeds. 4 speed auto, or 5 speed manual. And as far as the race, it really depends. The prelude has 40 more HP stock, with a higher redline (6500 vs. 7500). It is also 200 lbs heavier. So If he does have what you said he does, it was probably a bad driver. H would have gotten you by more IMO.

[External Image Removed]
Phatmatt

Re: 03' Civic Si   Posted Thu Nov 27, 03   1:48 PM     

simple answer, he is obviously not a great driver.

LS4_454
Re: 03' Civic Si   Posted Thu Dec 4, 03   8:11 PM     

Or maybe the guy is just full of shit.

Phatmatt

Re: 03' Civic Si   Posted Thu Dec 4, 03   9:47 PM     

that too could be a possibility.