This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 28268

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4  
SuperKid
S13 or S14   Posted Wed Nov 5, 03   5:20 PM     

I know I said I wanted an S13, but now I've been thinking of an S14. I'm thinking more along the lines of an S14 now because I don't really want to deal with the problems of an older car. Also, an S14 isn't that much more expensive than an S13 and some parts are actually cheaper. So what do you guys think: S13 or S14?

Thanx, SuperKid

Phatmatt

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Wed Nov 5, 03   9:51 PM     

depends on what kind of cash you plan on spending and how much you can afford (aren't you still too young to even drive?). personally I'd rather have the S14 (out of the two) but that's just me.

MrPeabody

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Nov 6, 03   9:32 AM     

The S14 should run around 3-4 more grand than an S13. I like the S14's looks more, but I’d still probably nab the S13 since it's a good chunk cheaper, and lighter.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
SuperKid
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Wed Nov 12, 03   1:31 PM     

No, I can't drive. But all I've got to do is get my lazy ass to the BMV and take the test, then I can drive. I've had my permit since May, and I'm old enough to get my license.

To get back on subject, I've got enough cash for an s14, plus I really like the looks. So I'm still not sure whether I'd like the s13 or the s14. I'm beginning to lean towards the s14 though. If I get either, what's a good hp range for a daily driver? I don't want something that will send me flying into the car in front of me when I tap the gas, but I do want to be able to race when I need to.

MrPeabody

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Wed Nov 12, 03   6:28 PM     

If you got the cash, then go for the S14. Plus you'll have better resale value than an S13. A couple companies make turbo kits for the KA24DE in the car. They take it to around 250 whp, which will scoot pretty well. I'd build it if you want to go further. Actually, the K24 is such a strong motor you could probably get away with just replacing the pistons and lowering the compression. Or just do an SR20 swap.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
storm

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Nov 13, 03   3:54 PM     

yeah S14's the way to go i think, the S13 is cheaper and with the extra money you save with buying a S13 you could do it up more but i would still go for the S14 in the long run it would be better to do that up as you get more money here and there.

Storm
Phatmatt

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Sat Nov 15, 03   12:04 AM     

hp range for a daily driver? Well I guess that depends on you. Where are you going to be driving it? Can you handle a car with a lot of power? I guess I can't really tell you.... best range I can come up with is 60-500hp depending on what kind of driving you do.

I don't think kids should be driving around in cars that haul tons of ass until they've been driving safely for a few years first.

SuperKid
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Sat Nov 15, 03   6:35 PM     

I've driven cars with over 300hp with ease. So I think between 400 and 500 should be good for me. I'm a very good driver. (passed driver's ed with A+ driving and classroom grades) I plan to put a race seat and harness in before I upgrade the engine, so I know I'll be safe if I make a mistake and crash. If I put a high horsepower engine in, I'll probably put in a roll cage too.

Phatmatt

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Mon Nov 17, 03   11:17 PM     

you just learned to drive. Who's letting your drive their 300+ hp cars? How are you going to be able to afford this?

I'm not trying to be a dick but I'm just wondering.

BlownGTP

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Tue Nov 18, 03   7:28 AM     

You damn kids are all the same. You just get you license and you think you can handle a 500 h.p. car? Your nuts. I dont care if your dad let you drive his Z28 up the driveway or whatever story you pull out of your ass. Quit talking stupid and buy yourself a camry or somthing. Get out of your internet fantasy world. your 16 years old for crying out loud.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
hooyeah
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Tue Nov 18, 03   11:36 PM     

300 hp cars with ease huh? yeah ok

and matt thats one hell of a range....although it's very true

tapping the gas wont send you into the car infront of you unless you tap the gas to hard

any power level is handlable for the street in the hands of the right driver atleast....theres a guy in town with a 900 hp malibu he'll tell you it's a fine streetable power ratio then you'll talk to the 17 year old with a honda that prooves a vtec sticker can sometimes be too much to handle

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
BlownGTP

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Wed Nov 19, 03   7:44 AM     

amen

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
Phatmatt

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Wed Nov 19, 03   9:41 PM     

well what else could I tell him? I mean I'd never be caught dead driving any vehicle under 60hp (motorcycles included). But I mean you could technically drive a car with 900horses (as you said) and be fine if you're an experanced driver...although that DOES seem like it'd be a pain in the ass to drive on the street. and you're right I've seen kids in camrys and old accords that wreck the car because they can't handle it.

SuperKid
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Nov 20, 03   2:55 PM     

I've been driving since I was 14. I didn't start out driving high horsepower cars, the first car I drove was a 1989 civic, and I worked up from there. I've driven corvettes, supras, camaros, and many more. I know my limits, I'm not one of those people that think they can handle something, but they can't. You can believe me or not. I can afford a high horspower car. Besides, I'm not talking building a car overnight, I'm talking over several years. (like 4 or 5) If you see me in the obituraries, feel free to tell me 'I told you so."

storm

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Nov 20, 03   2:55 PM     

or they try to push it to hard and do something stupid like flooring the car to much going round a U Turn and they find out theres a tree there and the side goes smashing in a tree or poll whatever, i've seen it happen.
You just need to know what the cars going to do when you do something, and think where it might end up, but really, i didn't think when i first started driving, i just put her down to the ground all the time, lol, i have just missed out on being smashed many times but i am starting to think a more on what i do now (Or i try anyway, lol).

I think i belive he can drive a high powered car tho.(now ya can't get me wrong kiddo, or i won't be happy, lol)

Storm
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4