This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 28268

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4)  
MrPeabody

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Wed Dec 10, 03   9:44 AM     

Yup, Jason knows quite a bit about cars, you and him could have some long conversations about everything turbo

Sorry to hear about the car, that bites man.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
uglystick
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Wed Dec 10, 03   11:20 AM     

i phrased my info about the t28 in a vague/question like way because i can tell a smart car guy very quickly and i didn't want to put my foot in my mouth as a first impression (er...i mean second impression ;-)

i haven't yet built a turbo engine, but i've got one or two planned. everything but the long block build is already purchased. but i've also got a jaguar xj-s with a small block chevy in it, and it's eating all of my time and money right now. someday i'll finish my turbo bmw.

nice meeting you though, please stick around so we can talk shop. i'd like to see this board come back to life!

jason

'81 Fiat Pininfarina Spyder; 2.0L DOHC 8Valve; 5 Speed; 10.44@188.3mph
Phatmatt

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Wed Dec 10, 03   9:47 PM     

Jason knows more than just turbos though. He's a auto feind. I aspire to be as knowledgable as he is one day. I'd say he's in the top run of car smartness here.

We have:
0. Wannabee (usually only post a couple of times... then are never heard from again. Claim to be 2 fast and 2 furious for us to handle.)
1. Dumb Shit (borederline retarded in the autoworld and often the rest of the world too)
2. Eager Beaver (wants to learn and isn't a dickface.)
3. Amature (tunes and hopes to learn more this is a pretty large group and many members of this catagory know more than others in the same group. also, despite claims of me being "the man" due to the van I still have a lot to learn and would place myself in THIS catagory.... or maybe dumb shit....)
4. Auto-masta (I figure uglystick fits here along with a few other guys on the site... I'm not naming anymore because I don't want everyone to be all "WHATEVER BITCH NAME ME!")
5. Car-God (I can't think of anyone on the site I could call a car god.... well other than sweetneon)

--------

anyway shity about that car getting busted up. still I'd like to see some photos if you can get em. I kind of whizzed through Mister2age's last post.

hooyeah
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Dec 11, 03   5:40 AM     

you forgot one wannabe ametuers....

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
uglystick
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Dec 11, 03   11:41 AM     

man you give me too much credit! not that i don't appreciate it!

jason

jonorme
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Dec 11, 03   3:01 PM     

Well i'm definately an eager beaver as of now, but someday i will be right up there with the wannabe amateurs!

And yeah that sux bout the accident, hope u can get everything sorted nice and quick

- Jon
uglystick
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Dec 11, 03   3:50 PM     

as for the accident, just think of it as good practice for what is virtually innevitable with rally racing!

learning body work up front is the best advice i could give to anyone. it's not difficult at all. just takes practice and perseverence.

jason

MrPeabody

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Dec 11, 03   6:09 PM     

And a shitload of time! Damn I hate sanding :/

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
hooyeah
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Fri Dec 12, 03   2:23 PM     

and a mask gotta have a mask

Phatmatt

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Sun Dec 14, 03   9:32 PM     

whatever dude, masks are for wimps. I totally helped paint a car and I didn't wear a mask. Got a super hardcore buzz off it too.

hooyeah
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Mon Dec 15, 03   12:56 AM     

yes masks are for wimps ;-) i love all the old old body guys and painters they all have some strange diseases and stuff it's pretty fun

uglystick
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Mon Dec 15, 03   4:35 PM     

yaeh and they all bark at the moon and talk to walls too. i want some of that action!

jason

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4)