This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 28268

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4  
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Nov 20, 03   4:43 PM     

Why do i get the feeling that this kid is A GODDAMN LYING SON OF A BITCH. No man in the right mind would let you drive his Supra or his camaro, and ill be goddamned if im gonna believe that anybody let you drive their corvette.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
MrPeabody

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Nov 20, 03   4:52 PM     

Simple minds think alike??? Wait I take that back, the new kid seems to have a straight head on his shoulders.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
storm

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Nov 20, 03   5:56 PM     

well, it does sort of sound like a lie to me but we have to take what he says for now until we know, we can't say he's lying yet until proven, no need to jump to conclusions at this time, we don't know that he's telling the truth but we don't know if he's lying so i'd just leave it alone for now, we'll find out the truth if he is lying, but for now lets just go along with what he says.

Storm
hooyeah
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Nov 20, 03   7:34 PM     

the only reason people hit trees and poles is because they see them and panic the car follows the eyes if you havent you always found it odd that one pole out of every say 70 feet and 9 out of 10 times they hit it

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
storm

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Nov 20, 03   8:08 PM     

yeah, maybe , i just think before i do stuff, and i think how my car would turn out if i did do something, there's been many times were if a car was there my car would have been smashed, i am lucky no cars have ever been where i have done stuff or it would have been smashed 10 times over by now, lol, so it's slowly getting into my head i have to take it easy im not on a race track, lol ( everyone thats been in my car says hey, slow down your not on a race track and stuff, i accel fast i take corners fast and try go to inside of turns most i can, ' few times my cars slided doing it', but i think about it after and think i shouldn't have done it, but it's the way i drive sometimes when im in a fast driving mood........and i still don't know why some people will not come in the car with me, lol, in my XD the handling is very bad coz it's got a big steering wheel they are known as truck steering wheels or bus steering wheels down here, but i want to just change to a sports wheel of something and put power steering in.

Storm
hooyeah
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Thu Nov 20, 03   9:06 PM     

get a spinner knob those things a re fuckin cool

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
BlownGTP

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Fri Nov 21, 03   7:42 AM     

I have no doubt that the kid may have driven a vette or whatever it may be but I highly doubt that he has gotten hard into the throttle. My guess is his dad or his dads friend probably let him drive it with him sitting right next to him. They probably just drove down the road so he could say he drove the car. I cant picture anybody letting him beat the hell out of the car to see what it could do. Come back to reality kid. I wasnt born yesterday and I do remember what it was like to be your age.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
SuperKid
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Fri Nov 21, 03   5:20 PM     

The vette I drove was my uncles because I helped him restore it, so he let me have the first drive. The supra was a friends, and the camaro was my parent's boss' car. I didn't start driving on public roads until I was 15. I started out in a parking lot of a store that was for sale. I did sort of a slalom around the light posts at first to make sure I could turn. After about two months of that, I strarted doing laps around the parking lot. After a few months, I then began to practice parking. (Parallel and in a space) Then I began doing a combonation of the three. Then when I was about 15 and a month, I got to go out on public roads. When I was 15 1/2, I got my learner's permit and dis driver's ed (helps with the insurance) and passed with an 'A' in driving and in the classroom. My driving instructor said I was the best driver he'd seen in years. Now I drive with my parents. Just waiting to call up the BMV to schedual my test.

storm

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Sat Nov 22, 03   7:08 PM     

yeah i've seen them, but i don't think i'd put one on my car tho.

Storm
Phatmatt

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Sun Nov 23, 03   9:44 PM     

are we talking about the "suicide knobs" that used to be on the old monster cars that made you crank the 300 ton steering wheel 80 times to make a simple right? .......... I'm pretty sure they are outlawed most places because people used to catch their shirts on them and wreck their cars.

Phatmatt

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Sun Nov 23, 03   10:06 PM     

ok then you can't really say you can handle a high horse power car. You can just say you drove some. I've driven all the sports cars you've listed and they are all pretty tame in a parking lot going 15 mph. Don't get me wrong I do like you but you're still really young and haven't had tons of driving experance. My driving instructor said I too was one of th best drivers he'd seen in years and managed to get into my first accident only a few months after getting my liscence. That tought me my lession and I spent every day since being the best driver I can be. It's been several years now and I race and have fun with my "preformance enhanced" vehicles, my bike, and occational the vehicles of my friends and family because they trust me to be careful with their cars. I haven't gotten into an accident since my very first one, not even a fender bender, not even during my time as a pizza delivery boy. I know that you're not me but I know a lot of kids who wish they'd been a more careful driver when they were younger. I'm just saying that you'll be REAL sorry if you have to learn the hard way.

ok you say you can afford a true to life sports car. That's awesome. How much money are we talking to spend on a car? Do you need a car that is winter friendly? How much can you afford to pay for insurance monthly? Find out and then get back to us on all of that.

SuperKid
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Mon Nov 24, 03   4:23 AM     

For a car, I want something cheap. Like less than $8,000, no sence in paying $15,000 for a car and tearing it apart. My parents are going to pay for insurance because I made a deal with them that If I buy the car and pay for gas and repairs, they'll pay the insurance. So that's covered. For modifying the car, the sky's the limit. I plan on keeping the car for as long as possible to get it the way I want it. Don't really need the car to be winter friendly, I'll probably garage it and drive one of my parents' cars in the winter.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison
MrPeabody

Re: S13 or S14   Posted Mon Nov 24, 03   1:32 PM     

$8,000 will get you some great cars. I guess the next question would be, what do you plan to do with your car? Do you want to drag race, road race, autocross, etc?

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
uglystick
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Mon Nov 24, 03   3:05 PM     

into the fray...i need some questions answered about these engines as well:

1. anyone know where there is a dimensions page that'll show me the dimensions of the two engines w/ RWD trans?

2. anyone know the hp ratings of these engines? i'm leaning toward an s13 right now due to the lower price. were there a variety of configurations with the s13 or were they all tuned similarly (10-15hp ain't gonna make all that big of a difference, but if there's a large disparity in models, i'd take a closer look).

3. what are the differences in the efi setups of each of the two engines (S13 vs S14).

aregato,

jason

'81 Fiat Pininfarina Spyder; 2.0L DOHC 8Valve; 5 Speed; 10.44@188.3mph
SuperKid
Re: S13 or S14   Posted Mon Nov 24, 03   3:14 PM     

S13 Red top:
Specifications

180SX 91-93 and Silvia 91-93

Displacement: 1998cc (2.0 liter)

Cam type: DOHC 16 valve, chain driven cam sprockets

Bore and stroke: 86mm x 86mm

Compression: 8.5 : 1

Horsepower: 205ps at 6000rpm Torque: 203 ft/lbs at 4000rpm

Stock boost: 7 psi

Throttle body bore: 60mm

Turbo specs: Injector size: 370cc/min

Compressor: T-25, 60 trim 56mm BCI-1 compressor.

Turbine: T-25, 62 trim 53.8mm 0.64 A/R turbine housing.

Center Section: Journal bearings

S13 Black top:
Specifications

180SX 94-98

Displacement: 1998cc (2.0 liter)

Cam type: DOHC 16 valve, chain driven cam sprockets

Bore and stroke: 86mm x 86mm

Compression: 8.5 : 1

Horsepower: 205hp at 6000rpm Torque: 203 ft/lbs at 4000rpm

Stock boost: 7 psi

Throttle body bore: 60mm

Turbo specs: Injector size: 370cc/min

Compressor: T-25, 60 trim 56mm BCI-1 compressor.

Center Section: Journal bearings

S14 Black top:
Specifications

Silvia 95-98

Horsepower: 220hp at 6000rpm Torque: 203 ft/lbs at 4800rpm

Turbo specs:

Compressor: T-28, 60 trim 60 mm BCI-1 compressor in T-04B housing

Center Section: Ball Bearing

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4