This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 941

uglystick
a question for fresno...   Posted Wed Oct 22, 03   1:39 PM     

i'm getting ready to plan the turbo engine for my bmw. here's what i've got so far (listed below), but first, i'm curious about a few issues:

bov's: what kind should I use? all of my piping is going to be fabricated including the exhaust manifold, so i can pretty much run whatever flange i want. i'm going to run it back into the inlet tube downstream of the air cleaner, so whatever you suggest, make sure it doesn't just dump to the atmosphere.

wastegate: same issue as above, just need to get a good one. i was thinking of a turbonetics racegate or their deltagate. both seem to be well remarked upon and i get dealer price from them.

so here's the build so far:

bmw m30 engine block, bored .030 over, 84mm crankshaft stroke. overall displacement approx 3.3 liter. bottom end is going to have maincap girdles and debeamed rods. full balancing and o ringed head mating surface. forged pistons. that's about it.

turbo is a t3/t04e for use with 3.2 to 3.8 liter engines. designed for a buick grand national, made by tnetics.

engine management is a haltech e6k with boost control, crank sensor triggered distributor (simple shit here), water to air intercooler.

thanks,

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.