This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 36972

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5  
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   3:54 PM     

I never really thought it over in GREAT detail, i was hoping to sort of "mix and match" before getting it right, but nwo i guess i dont haev to, ill take your info into ocnsideration and reference.

Feel the power fo the new Renesis Rotar engine.
[External Image Removed]
VW_Nut
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   5:01 PM     

Good idea.

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
LS4_454
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   6:20 PM     

Last I checked there was at least three times as many moving parts in a V8 and that doesn't seem to bother the knock sensors on those.
Must be something really special in those rotaries.

LS4_454
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   6:23 PM     

No, I didn't make it that far before getting here, wise choice though.

uglystick
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 18, 03   10:55 AM     

ok i just want to make a point. that is that i singlehandedly shut this kid up for everyone here to enjoy the silence.

das wilkommen,

jason
and ben, god damnit i don't speak german so i don't care if that says 'the welcome'.

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
BlownGTP

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 18, 03   10:58 AM     

well, thats one of the reasons that we like having you around here.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
LS4_454
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 18, 03   9:58 PM     

Thank you, but it waaaas fun when he replied. LOL

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Fri Sep 19, 03   12:17 AM     

You diddnt "shut me up" i jus tstopped posting information on this topic for two reasons:

1. I have no money, so i cant really buy anything unless they accept beads and shells.

2. No matter what i post, somebody always has some stupid shit to say about how "wrong" I am , or hwo i dont know what im talking about. I could say "Hey man i love you" and you guys would say "What the fuck is wrong with you stupid, you dont knwo what yoru talking about, you probably went to hallmark and saw that in a card, you dont know what love is blah blah blah...."

PS - The Engine caught fire, but we had nothing installed yet.

Feel the power of the new Renesis Rotar engine.
[External Image Removed]
BlownGTP

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Fri Sep 19, 03   7:19 AM     

Dont get so bummed out. Thats just the standard CVSR welcome. Every noobie gets it. Post up.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
VW_Nut
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Fri Sep 19, 03   2:01 PM     

How the fuck could it catch fire with nothing installed yet? Did this happen in your dreams?

Lol, just kidding, what happened?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Fri Sep 19, 03   3:52 PM     

Rx-7s are notorious for bursting into flames, thats just what they do besides go fast. Were pretty sure it was cuz of a cracked injector that leaked fuel and it ignited. Were not too sure yet though, were gonna take it to our guy and have him figure out hwo were gonan fix this problem.

Feel the power of the new Renesis Rotar engine.
[External Image Removed]
VW_Nut
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Fri Sep 19, 03   5:29 PM     

Hey! Just like a Volkswagen! Well, at least the fire part.

uglystick
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Mon Sep 22, 03   11:06 AM     

do you know how hard it is to ignite raw fuel in a hot engine compartment? i've had a float bowl dump onto a set of just-ran headers, and seen a maxima spray two full high pressure fuel injector lines all over the engine compartment for a full 3 minutes without any immolation. it requires a spark.

i'm calling bullshit.

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
VW_Nut
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Mon Sep 22, 03   12:44 PM     

No bullshit here, it is very real. Older VW's use a generator and most are missing the dust caps that cover the brushes. If you look in there at night the brushes make quite a bit of sparks when the armature is turning, so the combination is already there to ignite all that raw fuel. Usually the brass fitting comes out of the carb and the fuel pump then sprays fuel all over the engine area the VA-VOOM! Barbecue Beetle. Ever notice bugs running around with different colored decklids? Those are usually the ones that have caught fire, and buses were good for it too. The cool part is that if it burns long enough it then catches the magnesium case on fire then they have to send out a special crew to put it out.

uglystick
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Mon Sep 22, 03   2:03 PM     

yeah of course. but you have a SPARK. a new high tech rotary engine doesn't have anything remotely close to a spark or ignition source in the engine compartment. it was him i was calling bullshit on, not vw bugs.

as for self immolating cars, i'm a bit of a fan of the subject as a jaguar owner.

jason

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5