This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 36972

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5  
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   4:53 PM     

Well gentle ben, i guess your a college professor seeing as how you knwo so much information about everyone. Why dont you actually find out about people before you run your fucking mouth you arrogant ass. PS- Suck my cock, have a nice day.

Feel the power fo the new Renesis Rotar engine.
[External Image Removed]
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   8:10 PM     

ya... anybody know how these rotary things work? I've been thinkin about either usin an rx-7 rotary engine or a 2cycle motor from a bike on a shifter kart type deal for SCCA racing... (friend of mine is loaded with cash and we want to build a kart ) hehe...

i have a video of a 4 rotor engine that sounds like it is revving to about 15grand... insane... i've heard of people buildin them wankel 13B engines to run 25k rpms or somethin... world record for highest rpm i think...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
3.4L Twin Dual OverHead Cam T3/T04e Hybrid Turbo + Intercooler with whale tail ram air spoiler fire-breathing Fiero of Death
MrPeabody

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   9:56 PM     

I don't claim to know anything about anyone. I do claim that you know pretty much nothing about cars, which has been made evident by the majority of your posts.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   10:41 PM     

I'm gonna have to agree with ben on this one.... hehe... after readin a lot of your posts mr. rx rotor whatever dude... you come off as nothing but an idiot that can spout off shit he read in the latest riceboy publication and claim to be a "tuner"... you have done nothing to prove to us otherwise and the comments you're making are just more and more-so proving your immaturity...

now... I issue a challenge... prove us wrong... show us you're not a complete fuckin idiot and gain some respect... and no... respect is not gained by making fun of someones name... what the fuck is that about, man? especially making fun of the name ben... thats just stupid... its a fairly common name... ever heard of benjamin franklin? "modern" day renaissance man... fuckin genius.... on the $100 bill.... and you say ben is a bad name? the hell is your name? i'm sure its just as common if not more rare than the name ben...

around these parts you have to earn your respect and respect is not earned by trash talk... i'm sure you have read many of chad's threads with plenty of trash talk, but chad has earned his respect because he knows his shit no matter how much shit he talks .... heh... and this a'int a flame or nothin on you chad, you was just the first one to come to mind about talkin a lot of trash... heh...

so basically either earn some respect and show us you're not a complete dumbass or just get the fuck out...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
3.4L Twin Dual OverHead Cam T3/T04e Hybrid Turbo + Intercooler with whale tail ram air spoiler fire-breathing Fiero of Death
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   11:00 PM     

You forgot to issue ur challenge.

[External Image Removed]
uglystick
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Fri Sep 5, 03   10:37 AM     

ok i've got a challenge for you, rx.

tell us the following:

1. how many psi of boost you plan on running.

2. what methods you will be using for knock detection and the methods you'll use to take that data and save your engines life on the fly.

3. what kind of engine management will you be running? and how does it relate to the knock detection issue?

4. what kind of gas you'll be using in this "STREET" car.

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
VW_Nut
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Fri Sep 5, 03   12:54 PM     

Looks lie you need hooked on phonics, here is your challenge from Gorgoth:
"now... I issue a challenge... prove us wrong... show us you're not a complete fuckin idiot "
Seems pretty simple.

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
VW_Nut
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Fri Sep 5, 03   12:57 PM     

Isn't there like 6 moving parts in it compared to 60 in a V8?

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Fri Sep 5, 03   4:57 PM     

1.We hope to run about 18lbs of boost.

2. The stock car already incorporates a knock sensor, but ignores it in higher RPMs.I figured we would use a J&S Knock retard system, and a SmartFire plasma racing ignition system. This system takes care of all timing, Knock Detection, Knock Retard, functions within the ignition itself. I feel that our engines life will increase, and be secure for the most part.

3. We will use a Haltech stand alone ECU system which is a direct replacement for factory Ecu and allows the tuners (us) to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders, and auxiliary devices while accurately delivering proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timign for any boost level we choose.Thsi relates to the knock detection issue because knocking is related to the ignition and fuel systems, knock is detonation of fuell inside the engine, and with the systems i incorporated into the car, "knocking" will be reduced, or even stopped. Otherwise, itll go bang.

4. What kinda gas? I figured we would use the 103 Octane Petro at The 76 station close to my house. Its better then going to edwards and pickin up that 108 shit i pick up for my scooter.

I hope i completed your challenge succesfully, and if not, then whatever.

[External Image Removed]
LS4_454
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Sat Sep 6, 03   11:31 AM     

Why would the ECU ignore the knock sensors at higher RPM when it may also happen there? Is this a Mazda thing? If so it is a piece of shit and no wonder you have to invest in another ECU. The knock sensors are already supposed to retard the timing and they should do it at any RPM. Knock can come from a ineffeceint burn from the ignition. I ran a bug with 10.5:1 on the street on 92 octane and it had a bad problem with ping, I made a simple change from single points to dual and that cured my problem. I had a similiar situation with my 454 with the stock distributor running a electronic conversion kit and maybe only 9.0:1, I switched it to a dual piont distributor also and the problem was gone which mainly happened at high RPM's.

LS4_454
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Sat Sep 6, 03   11:41 AM     

At this point we all have much more respect for Ben than you, lnow matter how you try to slam him. I'm with him, seems like your still spewing out the latest info from some Import Super Tuner magazine and your availble credits on GT3 wont get you that car.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Sat Sep 6, 03   2:04 PM     

the factory computer ignores it's input at higher RPMs when your normally under boost, due to its inability to tell the difference between normal engine noises and detonation , its a rotary thing, partially because moving parts constantly touch each other in just normal useage.

[External Image Removed]
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Sat Sep 6, 03   2:13 PM     

In case you stopped reading the "your all fuckign stupid" thread, then you wouldnt know that "We" stopped our little grudge against each other. So why should u start one?

[External Image Removed]
uglystick
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   1:32 PM     

ok now ya done fucked up. sorry to be like this, but i think this is exactly why people here are saying you don't know what you're talking about.

first off, lets talk about the haltech and knock systems. namely, the fact that no haltech ecu has any software to deal with them. now, feasibly you could run a knock system like the j.s. with the haltech, but given the variable ignition mapping functions of the haltech, do you realize what will happen when you let the haltech run its course as the js is retarding timing? secondarily, do you realize that the j.s. will require input from the haltech in order to function properly. given this fact, which parts of your 'direct replacement' ecu will be sacrificed for said inputs and outputs...there are a finite number of connections into the haltech ecu you know.

for example, if you use the js output to make a haltech input, you'll have to revert to a distributor based ignition system due to the fact that your spare auxilary output wires from the ecu will have to be used to feed ignition data into the js box. additionally, in order to incorporate the js feeds into the haltech ecu, you'll have to use the ONE set of input wires available with the haltech...there went your variable boost control via the haltech ecu.

so do your homework junior. these systems don't play well together, and you need to know that on the outset.

secondly, this smart fire racing ignition is overlapping any haltech ecu you'd buy. why have three boxes talk to each other when you could have one box interact with a secondary apparatus to perform your knock sensing? sounds like you read a lot and assume that you can plug three of those items in together.

so lets talk about reality now...what you OUGHT to do, is run the engine stock, but add in the haltech ecu...get that worked out first, as you'll have to get your maps programmed before the fucker will even run. where are you going to get your base maps from? don't tell me they taught you how to do the math on that in algebra 1.

this is just to start the discussion, there are 100 or more other items we still need to track down in each of these items i have mentioned here. either way, one knock from 18psi and you'll be replacing apex seals. and you think you can duct tape all these high tech computers together along with a snail the size of your head and produce a kick ass car. think smaller or you'll be watching your $4000 worth of electronics die in a bath of flaming petroleum.

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
uglystick
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   1:49 PM     

just a note by the way, i own a haltech e6k, i've read the manual on it probably 30 times and i spend a lot of time on the haltech boards. i have ideas for how you could incorporate a knock sensing system into the haltech, but in all of my discussing and talking with other haltech owners, none of them have ever successfully incorporated a haltech and js box into the same car.

just realize that the haltech is FINITE in its ability to handle multiple bells and whistles. it DOES have the capability to work with a number of high end items like sequential injection, direct fire multicoil ignition setups, boost control (with the dependent fuel enrichment maps), etc. but the inputs and outputs of the system are finite and as you add these features, your total amount of features available decreases. it's pick and choose...

if you wanted to run it well, you'd run direct fire ignition, sequential injection and leave it at that. THEN figure out how you want to go with the bigger turbo, etc.

you've just got too many variables involved to build a stable car.

now, if this weren't a rotary engine, i'd have plenty to tell you as far as knock sensing goes. saab's apc system works well most conventional distributors and can be easily wired into a complex efi system. and the turnaround time from firing event to knock detection to retarding the spark is good enough to be effective... but if you're going to have two units that feed data off of each other and both control the same event (spark), you'll run into serious feedback loops and other potentially dangerous (to your engine's life) and/or degrading (to your engine's performance) events.

bottom line is this - a simpler knock control system off of a stock vehicle would be better to limit the potential negative effects of your crappy initial tuning and help you dial in a good fuel and ignition map that wasn't ultimately dependent on knock control.

hopefully this miniscule excursion into the reality of programmable engine management will make you realize it ain't as easy as the cats in sport compact make it look. seeing finished products never gives people insight into the overall serious business involved in programmable fuel management.

jason

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5