This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 36972

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5  
uglystick
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   9:52 AM     

ahhh rotaries...

nsu would be proud of you jokers....

waaaahhhhhhhhbrapbrapbrapbrap BANG (hood flies open, fire spits out from under the car where all your oil went after it hit the exhaust manifolds). all of your electronics that you paid so dearly for set on fire and you're back at square one.

want to see a video or two of this phenomenon?

the term stout rotary engine is a oxymoron.

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft EFI w/ Haltech E6k; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   2:43 PM     

The man may "know his shit" but even your typical "ive got a body kti and rims so my car is fast" ricer knows that with the turbo unit alone, the car is gonan gain more than 40 horsepower. Lets be serious here, if he knows all fo his shit, why post such an obviously false statement?

Feel the power fo the new Renesis Rotar engine.
[External Image Removed]
uglystick
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   2:44 PM     

he was simply making fun. that's it. the point is, if you avoided all that greddy badged shit and bought yourself the parts to build it all on your own, you'd be in the same boat and save a ton of money. that was his point (hope you don't mind me replying for you, m).

so kiddo, do you know who nsu is?

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   6:06 PM     

the stuff was actually discounted because we bought it through an Aftermarket dealer that we know.My pops distributes parts to him on discount, and in return we get a discount, and we could get free labor on it, but we chose to do MOST of it on our own. No, i dono who NSU is.

[External Image Removed]
LS4_454
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   6:57 PM     

Dont be like Neon, read the post. It wasn't a statement but more of a question. Depending on the size of the turbo (there are "small" ones out there), the gain could possibly be only 40 hp. I just think it is funny when someone goes out and spends 4 grand on intakes and exauhsts to make less than 100 extra hp when you could easily get 100-150 from a nitrous shot for around $600. It is much more cost effective. That is why I was"asking" if that was what you were spending for such a low (smartass) gain.

LS4_454
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   7:03 PM     

Oh and the air cleaner=150hp statement came from some of my old rotary buddies. It doesn't seem to take much with a rotary to making big hp gains, porting here, bigger exhaust there, larger carb and BAM! You get another 150hp out of those little suckers. But isn't their torque output about 50 ft lbs? LOL

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   8:22 PM     

Haha.... I've seen a video of that happening... dude was doin donuts or somethin trying to make it explode and it went kaboom... lol... altho.. i've seen some Le Mans race cars running 4 rotor engines that'll rev to the moon and back... donno how many rotors are on the rx-7 motors tho...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
3.4L Twin Dual OverHead Cam T3/T04e Hybrid Turbo + Intercooler with whale tail ram air spoiler fire-breathing Fiero of Death
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   11:18 PM     

Rx-7 is fuel injected...

[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   10:04 AM     

Earlier RX-7's had carbs. You wouldn't know that of course, since you base all your car knowledge on playing Gran Turismo and reading Import Tuner.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
uglystick
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   11:11 AM     

nsu...

nsu was the car company that eventually took on a few other companies and became Audi GmbH.

one of their employees had this revolutionary idea (pun intended), his name was Wankel, and it was the rotary. Their design worked but sucked, so they sold it to mazda, who invested a ton into it and made it work muuuuuch better.

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
VW_Nut
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   12:59 PM     

So? I think the question was how many rotors the RX7 has, not wether it was fuel injected or not.
I'll go with 2 rotors.

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
uglystick
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   1:02 PM     

i'd hinder a similar guess. i heard the 3 rotor motor only came in some oddball jdm car.

jason

Satanismycopilot
Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   1:46 PM     

i wanna know just exactly how this rotor shit works

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   1:50 PM     

its real hard to explain, we would almost need a diagram or a motion to show you. thats how i learned.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Codename: Kick Ass   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   4:50 PM     

Rotary is complicated to explain, all i can tell you is that it creates a seal by touching other parts, not much info huh? =\

[External Image Removed]
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5