This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 10898

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Phatmatt

JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   1:47 PM     

Yeah I just got hold of a Turbo Z and I must say I'm VERY pleased with it. I just wanted to know what the rest of you guys thought about Zs (especiall the 300ZX). Figured I should start posting here now that I drive a domestic and import.

Cutlass

Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   11:56 PM     

Z cars are badass. i almost bought one about a year ago. put the money in the right places and you'll have a pretty quick ride.

-------------- smokeing is bad........getting smoked is worse.
fonzarelli
Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Sun Apr 28, 02   12:19 AM     

the 300zx is a mean looking car too. should be great to drive. nice one!

Phatmatt

Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Sun Apr 28, 02   9:44 AM     

Fonz man you giving props to the new 300zx and the thumbs up icon made me about laugh till I pissed myself.

Yeah the Z was quite a find. The guy was moving away and really needed to get rid of it badly for moving and money reasons. It was a 92 in great condition (less than 50000 miles) and was posted for 10,000 bucks. I told him I'd give him 8 grand up front for it. needless to say I've got myself one hell of a car. I'm still getting used to how well it moves. I'm used to the tug-boat like turns of the van. I have noticed that the Z gets MUCH more notice from the cops than the van ever has.

The guy had a supra spolier put on it, which I don't think it really needs, but I don't really have the drive or cash to work on it at all right now. I think I'm going to make it my summer project. It's got so much potential. With the right stuff you're right I could pull 10s. no question. Although I hate seeing any car out-do the van.

anyway thanks for the props. any one else out there drive a Z?

300zx

Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Wed May 1, 02   8:19 PM     

yea yeah! thats what im talking about... I love my turbo Z, im sure you will too! what year is yours? what mods do you plan on doing?

TwIn TuRbO pOwEr!!!
300zx

Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Wed May 1, 02   8:22 PM     

i really should read all the posts... you already said what year.... hah

TwIn TuRbO pOwEr!!!
300zx

Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Wed May 1, 02   8:38 PM     

hey phatmatt when you start putting cash in your car it will start to scare you, the amount of power. I've really only floor'd my car once after i got the performace cams.. it adds so much power, it felt like my car was fighting to stay straight. im glad i invested in the remus sport exhaust, if not my back pressure would be massive...it lowers it about 80%... so yeah...

TwIn TuRbO pOwEr!!!
hooyeah
Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Wed May 1, 02   8:42 PM     

u really love your Z dont you buddy haha

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
300zx

Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Wed May 1, 02   8:59 PM     

ya damn right i do, i treat this thing better than i treat my brother

TwIn TuRbO pOwEr!!!
hooyeah
Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Wed May 1, 02   9:08 PM     

well thats understandable i don't knwo many ppl who treat their brothers better than their cars

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
Phatmatt

Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Sat May 4, 02   11:33 AM     

I'm not sure what I plan on doing to it yet. I THOUGHT about making it a dragracer. I've just started to get used to how well it moves and the thing turns on a freaking dime. The car gets a shitload of looks from guys, girls, kids, and especially cops.

My cash fund IS low right now, but I've been thinking new computer, HKS blowoff valve, new Supra TT intercooler, NGK Plugs and wires, some sort of Fuel-System uprgade, and a huge ass T3/T4 hybrid Turbo. Possibly a NO2 system later, but only if I feel that I have to have one. I'm going to get a whole new exsaust but I don't know what's good for this baby. Any suggestions?

300zx

Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Wed May 8, 02   8:29 PM     

hah no kidding i get looks too, the cops love my car, they follow me and check my plates all the time to make sure i have a clean record, the only time i race is when i know there are no cops around, and trust me i look.

one company that i strongly suggest you go for is stillen. their air ducts, and headers are very top quality!
the high pressure air ducts are a very good investment, will extend the life of your turbos!

yeah my cash flow is low as well the racing cams cost me $2000 canadian... plus i got performace valve springs which cost me $700 cdn, now im stuggling to pay for gas which is a bitch cuz it like 71c/litre...

TwIn TuRbO pOwEr!!!
novaboy

Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Wed May 8, 02   11:47 PM     

turbo cars dont have headers...and i just dont like you.

novaboy
sweetdevil
Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Thu May 9, 02   8:07 AM     

k nova, I know you're still pissed about this car thing, but take it easy, huh???

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
j0k3r

Re: JUST GOT A 300ZX TWIN TURBO   Posted Thu May 9, 02   9:05 AM     

Since when do Turbo cars not have headers? How do you think they get the exhaust gases to spool up the turbo? Does it go through the magic air path?

---------- [External Image Removed]
Pages in this thread: (1) 2