This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 27649

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4  
Rx_otary_Se7en

Ol' Unreliable   Posted Sun Aug 31, 03   12:08 AM     

We all know and love the Rx-7, why wouldnt you? Well, it seems that our friend is actually not as much fun as you would think it is(off fo the road) The Rx-7 has been known to burst into flames like a flying ball of napalm, as well as a scheduled engine rebuild at about 90 thousand miles into ur engine, which isnt cheap mind you. So why buy this car u ask? Simple, the sheer power and capabilities of the car. The car actually is a mint if you maintain it properly(which is in no way cheap to do) Regular checkups should be done twice as much as what you do to your Piston engine. Inectors should also be changed frequently.(unless you want to drive a lump of coal) Now i ask you, is all of the maintenance worth buying the car,which is eensive to begin with? I say yes...how bout u..

Feel the power fo the new Renesis Rotar engine.
[External Image Removed]
Driftninja

Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Sun Aug 31, 03   3:19 AM     

haha like i said before my father and i both own rx7's yes they are extremely expensive to keep running strong. i love rx7's alot! one of my favorite cars. whether or not its worth it you cant really say. depends on the person. i drive an fc and my dad drives an fd. his fd is just under 400whp. fast as hell. mine is my drift car and has most of the work in the suspension and is only lightly modded under the hood. my integra blows away my rx7, and gives my dad a run for his money. and man, rx7's are not expensive. you can pick up a '93 FD R1 for under or around $10.000(depending on mileage) ive seen quite a few at $12.000. fc's you can pick up for a couple grand. turbo motor swap in an fc cost $700-1000 bucks. now unless you want a 3rd gen R1 engine then that $3,000-3,500. touring models of the fd are even less expensive. the touring model is the more luxury of the 2 sporting a sunroof and a single oil cooler. slightly heavier as well. other than that you are pretty much right.

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
SweetNeon

Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Sun Aug 31, 03   4:24 AM     

haha

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Sun Aug 31, 03   8:35 PM     

Rx-7s are very expensive. They were like 35 grand when they first came out, so that doesnt help anyoen wantign to purchase one now, and their almost an instant classic. Dont expect to pay les than 13 grand for one, and thats if u want a shitty motor. Rx motors dont go more than around 90K miles before they need a rebuild. The rebuild costs mad cash. Its worth it u have the money.

[External Image Removed]
Driftninja

Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   2:56 AM     

oh yeah definatly! but we where just looking at fd rx7's there are alot out there for that price. and they where actually closer to the 40,000 price range brand new!

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   12:49 AM     

Sucks taht the Rotary has moving parts taht touch, and its so hard to find an engine that works, taht isnt abotu to go, and its goign to be impossibl eto find one in 10 years as a classic,u kno?Any info on where to find one(an engine)?

[External Image Removed]
Driftninja

Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   1:06 AM     

oh yeah i know plenty of places to get the engines. someday i will do a 3 rotor swap!!!!

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
hooyeah
Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   1:14 AM     

oh dear lord your moving parts touch? shit in my 4 cylinder the pistons go up and down in invisible cylinders!

wtf do you mean moving parts that touch?

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   3:55 PM     

Dont be stupid. Rotaries have parts that touch in a worse way. Think of it as a record touching the needle, but at a much faster pace, and for a longer time.

Feel the power of the new Renesis Rotar engine.
[External Image Removed]
hooyeah
Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   7:15 PM     

maybe you should think of a different way to phrase it then

"to bad they have moving parts that touch" makes you sound a bit silly or maybe it's just me

Satanismycopilot
Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   7:38 PM     

mother of god that is the greatest avatar i have ever seen

Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   8:29 PM     

Yeah man RX7s rule!!!! Nothing cooler than bursting into flames during a race. "Later BeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! OH GOD NO!!!!!!"

I wouldn't mind bursting into flames as long as I was in the car alone (That'd be a kick ass way to die). But I've got friends and a girlfriend that'd I'd rather kill. Always having to fix it would piss me off too. I like how it looks though, and have seen a few pro-drag ones that haul ass.

But I think I'm going to admire them from afar. Instant classic? possibly. Potential cremation? possibly. Money pit? seems so.

MrPeabody

Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   9:54 PM     

The problem was that when Mazda was selling them there weren't many competent rotary mechanics in the US. There wasn’t much knowledge on preventive maintenance.

Now in Japan on the other hand, where there were many competent rotary technicians, the RX-7 flourished. A good example is the continued production until 2002.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   11:03 PM     

I read about... a year or so ago that the last Rx-7 was produced in 1999 and was some sort of special edition. Maybe im wrong. BTW i jizzed in my pants when i saw taht avatar, who the christ is that....id liek to bang them.

Feel the power of the new Renesis Rotar engine.
[External Image Removed]
hooyeah
Re: Ol' Unreliable   Posted Wed Sep 24, 03   12:26 AM     

you probably shouldn't admit to that

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4