This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 28887

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4  
Driftninja

just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Mon Aug 25, 03   6:04 PM     

man it kicked ass! my buddy got called out for money to race a mystery car. feeling pretty confident ('94 integra gsr, rev hard precission t3/t04e turbo,black intercooler for the sleeper effect, 12.8 e.t. at 113) they didnt know it was turbo. so we set up the place and go there. we are sitting ther for about 15 min and sure enough a group of about 6 cars, all led by a white 240 fastback w/ a s15 frontend conversion. damn that thing was sweet! might be my next car. so any way to try and make a long story short, before we went we re installed his boost controller. took us about ten min. nothing crazy. cuz the wastgate he has is a 5-6 lb spring. we set it to 10lbs on the freeway (figured that would be good). anyway they line up for the 1st of the best 2 out of 3. they take off and the 240 jumps to about a car length. something didnt look right. we lost! turns out that the 240 has a rb20det motor swap! ok ok they come back and i walk up to my buddys window and was like wtf! the damn boost controller flew into his lap when ha launched and cut power so he was back down to 5lbs. so they go again and for some reason the boost controller loses power again. that was the 2 out of 3. just lost 50 bucks. we have another buddy ride w jason (jason owns the integra) to make sure the boost controller keeps the car at 10lbs of boost and race again for fun. completely destroyed him! oh well though. those things happen sometimes. had alot of fun though we re race next sat. same place and time. ill keep you posted

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
JcAus
Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Mon Aug 25, 03   8:01 PM     

Mate where are you from?

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
MrPeabody

Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Tue Aug 26, 03   8:31 AM     

He's in Fresno by me. Speaking of drift, when do I get to meet up and see these sweet cars My friend’s finishing up a B16 swap into his rex, we should cruise somewhere.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
Driftninja

Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Tue Aug 26, 03   11:44 PM     

whenever man, my cousin just bought a '95 eg (civic) hatch. its got a jdm spec gsr. hopefully in a couple months we will get the rev hard t3/t04e kit on it (decimation anyone?hehehe) so we have been cruisin that on blackstone. you should definatly hit me up w a pm if you woud like some time. so what kind of car do you drive again?

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
Driftninja

Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Tue Aug 26, 03   11:45 PM     

yep just like mrpeabody said unbeautiful sunny fresno ca.

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
Driftninja

Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Thu Aug 28, 03   4:05 AM     

3 more days until the rerace! any bets? will we make our money back? we ran 12.8 on 13lbs of boost (roughly 290-300whp) we will be running the sileighty on 10lbs of boost. the sileightyhas a 2 litre single turbo all stock except for a pretty gigantic intercooler.

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
MrPeabody

Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Thu Aug 28, 03   1:22 PM     

And RWD Are you running from a stop? Wait until he dumps money into the SR20, hello 400 HP without too much effort

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Thu Aug 28, 03   1:23 PM     

Oh crap, I just realized what 240 you're talking about, I saw it last month

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Thu Aug 28, 03   10:00 PM     

why would you race for 50$, that aint even paying for your fuel, tires, and wear on your engine

Driftninja

Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Sun Aug 31, 03   3:26 AM     

we are not expecting to win the lottary here. we didnt know what he had. he could have had a 800rwhp skyline swap for all we know. i saw a huge intercooler in the mouth if an s15 front end,hmmmm. and we are pretty confident of the integra. hence we raced for fifty bucks. he had fun, then took his buddies out for dinner who cares!

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
SweetNeon

Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Sun Aug 31, 03   4:14 AM     

haha

Driftninja

Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Sun Aug 31, 03   5:02 AM     

wear on your engine? haha is right!

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
SweetNeon

Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Sun Aug 31, 03   5:07 AM     

yea to your rings, stress to your cyl walls since your boosting, likely hood since you built it detonation could occur, your dumb ass spinning a bearing, i can go on and on and on but ya know what its 5 in the morning and my high is wearing off and your geting boreing and i gota drive my vette to san diego tomarrow and get it ready for the car show on monday

Driftninja

Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Sun Aug 31, 03   5:11 AM     

hmmm my dad used to collect corvettes, not bad! that would be a fun kill in the integra. have fun driving that fiberglass chatter box down the freeway! (noisy!!) you are stoned! that explains your attitude there, mr. im smoke weed so im cool guy! haha

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
SweetNeon

Re: just raced a wicked sileighty   Posted Sun Aug 31, 03   5:12 AM     

sorry to kill your hopes but i dont race a v8

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4