This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 39824

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 (6)  
Milk

Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   8:14 PM     

And also all we are talkin about is Power and that shit.
There's more to a car then just its speed.
Like luxury, speed, technology, etc.

I like BMWs
LS4_454
Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   8:26 PM     

Most people think they are buying just luxury and forget this is a performance sports car. They just think that a sports car is just a two seat convertible of some sort and it couldn't possibly be a four door sedan. They also think that with price comes less problems and they just don't understand that something can go wrong. I would like to tell them that if they spent $300,000 on a Rolls Royce that they would have problems with that too, but that wouldn't matter and they wouldn't understand.
We always hear "This shouldn't happen on a car that costs this much", ya, sure. My leather seats squeek when I go down the road, no shit, it drys out just like your skin and thats why we sell leather CONDITIONER in parts just like the grocery store sells skin lotion for your DRY skin, blank stare. But it doesn't drive like it was when new now that it has 80,000 miles on it, yup, and you dont feel the same way as when you did when you were 1 year old, do you? More blank stares. The engine doesn't feel right in the morning, of course not, do you get up in the morning and immediatly go running out the door? I think the repair is too expensive at $600, can you get the price down to $450? Fuck no, do you go to the grocery store and tell them you will only pay $60 for $100 worth of groceries? These people are idiots and purely amazing.
And one of my favorites, I dont like the way it rides and the tires are noisy, it is too stiff and bouncy. Ya, you bought a car with SPORTS suspension, so it will be stiffer and it handles better. The tires wear differently because of the low profile so you need to rotate them more often. Do I have to pay for that? My salesman didn't tell me about this, I thought the car just "looked" better than the other ones. Most of the people that have them dont understand them, they dont know how to drive them, they think they are driving a German Cadillac instead of a high performance sports sedan/coupe. They spend more time trying to find something wrong instead of enjoying the car for what it was meant for.

uglystick
Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Thu Sep 18, 03   10:49 AM     

[yoda] over your head my diatribe goes [/yoda]

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 (6)