This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 39824

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6  
uglystick
Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   9:41 AM     

HERE HERE!

BMW forums are useless as tits on a boar. Oooh, you mean i can get some fancy assed rocker arm retainers and a chip that will let me rev my 325e all the way up to 9 grand!!! RIght on! Too bad the bottom end will scatter 3 grand earlier than that. but at least the rocker arms won't slip off the lobes.

lol

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft EFI w/ Haltech E6k; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
LS4_454
Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   7:16 PM     

Yes, exactly. Case and point-DTMCoupe

Milk

Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Sat Sep 6, 03   11:30 PM     

Why you guys say BMWs are stupid?
Seriously!
Go on to freeway to LA or San D....you'll prolly see one or two E46 M3s...amazing! just look at it!

I like BMWs
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Sun Sep 7, 03   12:21 AM     

BMW's arent stupid, theyre actually cool cars, but their overpriced. For the price of the BMW you could go get a different car wth better capabilities, and still haev loads fo money left over to do junk to it. Jus makes no sense to tune any of em. Thats liek buying an AMG tuned mercedes(chrysler) and racin with it, might be fast but it isnt godly.

Feel the power fo the new Renesis Rotar engine.
[External Image Removed]
BlownGTP

Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Sun Sep 7, 03   9:24 AM     

Just because chrysler and mercedes merged, it does not mean that they are the same. Far from it

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Sun Sep 7, 03   12:56 PM     

chrysler and mercedes did merge, but I do believe mercedes bought chrysler... so really you could call a chrysler a mercedes but not a merc a chrysler... now you can call a lexus a toyota and an infiniti a nissan... thats perfectly acceptable...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
3.4L Twin Dual OverHead Cam T3/T04e Hybrid Turbo + Intercooler with whale tail ram air spoiler fire-breathing Fiero of Death
VW_Nut
Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   12:43 PM     

Because there a lot of stupid people buying them and not driving them for the way they are engineered?

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
LS4_454
Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   7:18 PM     

Aah, I didn't ay they are stupid, but their owners and forums are. Go back and read, besides, I work on them for a living.

SweetNeon

Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Fri Sep 12, 03   10:53 AM     

i feal sorry for you

Satanismycopilot
Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Fri Sep 12, 03   11:26 AM     

and i feel sorry for the english language that you butcher

Edited by Satanismycopilot (Fri Sep 12, 03   11:26 AM)

SweetNeon

Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Fri Sep 12, 03   11:41 AM     

you shouldn't be talking after you had to edit your fucked up post, fucking hypocrite

Milk

Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Tue Sep 16, 03   6:17 PM     

That's true that BMWs are over priced....look at Mercedes also...they're great cars to me.
And also VW Nut..how are BMWs supposed to be driven?

I like BMWs
uglystick
Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   9:54 AM     

driven hard and put away wet. that's how. and milk, it's not an issue of the price of the cars themselves. it's an issue of the modifications for said cars costing around $500 per 10 horsepower at best. pretty sad when a honda or a vw or a chevy can do that for around $75 tops. additionally, many of the modifications that are heralded as bad assed in the bmw community do something like this (i mentioned this before):

buy these rocker shaft girdles so you can spin your engine up to 10,000rpm!!! The rocker shaft girdles will keep your rocker arms from slipping off of the cam lobes! A MUST HAVE for anyone in performance driving. $18.50/ea (Engine Requires 12).

So you buy these, and they protect your cylinder head from scattering at high revs. BUT, the bottom end of the engine will let go MUCH sooner than that, and the camshaft itself won't support that high of revs. So you went out and spent $222 plus shipping for something that does NO functional good for the performance of your engine and probably required about 10 hours to install.

that is the mentality of the bmw only community. and by bmw only, i mean owners of bmw's whose performance knowledge was kindled by their ownership of a bmw and who have no knowledge or experience working on any other car (that's most of the bimmer community if you ask me). SO, in effect their privatization of their own communities inbreeds ignorance to thinking outside of the box and deference to the community norm. Stupidity cultivation at its best.

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
VW_Nut
Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   12:41 PM     

"driven hard and put away wet" Exactly.
Thanks Uglystick
Most people buy it for the badge.

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
Milk

Re: Some cool BMW Forum   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   8:10 PM     

On maXbimmer....sure...we bash cars and that stuff...there are several really knowledgeable people on that board.....most of the stuff is joking around...since almost all of them live in the same area.
BMW upgrades and parts are expenisve and that shit....for some of the best turbo kits on the market are about 6k-10k.
If we were German...we wouldnt be talkin shit about BMWs, Audis, Mercedes...blah blah blah blah.
Cause noone here is bashing Domestic since we are American.
Anywho..enough of this f**king talk. lol

I like BMWs
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6