This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 14019

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
Driftninja

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Sun Aug 31, 03   4:19 PM     

i am also on rx7 forums and have talked to all of the fastest (street driven rx7's). they are the guys w/ all the money and have done it all. they say there is really no need to go for more power than that. i believe it was due to traction problems and the fact that they are so light but i can go get the exact reasons from that forum. i just take there word for it because they hve been there and done that.

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Sun Aug 31, 03   8:55 PM     

Well consider my point of view. People here in the US who have never seen a skyline on the road insist on callign it the god of cars. Now doesnt that spark a flam in ur mind. Ive seen about 5 skylines in Puente hills, and theyre nothin special,rare,but not special. One of those morons raced an NSX and got jizzed on.So you see, its nto a matter of me being wrong, its a matter of perspective. Rx-7's do get over 400 horses, to say they dont is just ignorance. Ignorance i say!

Feel the power fo the new Renesis Rotar engine.
[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Sun Aug 31, 03   9:02 PM     

Do a little research on Skylines. I don't think they're God's gift to mankind, but I respect their performance, which is awesome. There's street driven 8 second one's in other parts of the world, where they're actually made or imported to. And FYI, the Skyline GTR should take an NSX stock to stock, and it will have way more potential to go fast later down the line.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
Driftninja

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   3:01 AM     

dude READ the posts i didnt say it wasnt possible i said its almost pointless to do it you really need to get on the rx7 forums. when you do that then we will talk. ignorance! haha

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
Driftninja

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   3:02 AM     

oh and by the way the nsx is a drivers car not a street racer. the guy in the skyline couldnt drive obviously.

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
MrPeabody

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   11:31 AM     

I liked how he said he's seen 5 Skylines.

"Oh yeah man, I saw a couple McLaren’s at burger king the other day, and then this Ferrari Enzo cruised by and they revved on each other, and they raced, it was mad tyte yo'z!"

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
Driftninja

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   4:43 PM     

haha that was funny!

as of november of last year there where 57 skylines registered in the united states. coincidental(speaking of gumball) when i went to sf for the gumball rally there was an R32 just driving by going to dinner or something. he looked over and saw all of the high end exotics and spooled then blew off. it was f-ing bad ass! im sure that guy might see a few in the la area (i heard that there where a few in that area) but that doesnt matter. what matters is the stats, a skyline is by far one of the absolute best all around cars ever produced!

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   6:31 PM     

Have you been to puente hills/ hacienda heights area lately? ive seen 3 at the exact same spot, and two of them in east la. BTW must haev been a cheap ass in the mclaren, i mean, why does he need to go to burger king, hes got a mclaren.

[External Image Removed]
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   6:34 PM     

They weren R34's or anything, they were some of the older modeled R32's. 1 of them was an R34. 1!, and i tstill wasnt that cool. The NSX is a drivers car, but it doesnt mean you cant modify it. The NSX is a sweet car, you wont anybody who thinks it sucks

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   6:35 PM     

because you can get three differnt size burger combos for under 3$?

BlownGTP

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   6:53 PM     

There are a couple around here and they arent anything special. Im not sure what models they are but a turbo mirage goes and beats up on them all the time.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
Driftninja

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   10:01 PM     

oh yeah i love nsx's i almost bought one until i found out how much the tranny's for those cars go for. $10,000 new and the next cheapest was on ebay, it was used and hadnt even met the researve at $4,900.
the nsx i was going to buy was a '94 for $16,000. i dont think i was really going to buy it but it was pretty tempting. tempting enought to check insurance and maintenance. after market is very hard for the nsx. you cant make them nearly as fast as most other cars. and bang for the buck brand new, forget it! still one of my all time favorite cars though. someday i will own one. wouldnt mind an s2000 either.

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   12:45 AM     

I wouldnt mind an S2k either, but i wouldnt buy the convertible, now that they have them hard top anyways. NSX is expensive aftermarketwise btu figure this. If u can afford to own an NSX, then to the part manufacturers, u shoudl eb able to afford their parts. Shitty world isnt it?

[External Image Removed]
Driftninja

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   1:04 AM     

haha yeah. and to my knowledge the S2 is convertable its just an optional hardtop, which is removable.

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
MrPeabody

Re: 1300whp R33 skyline (DUW-dial up warning)   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   9:56 AM     

I'd rather have an R32. Lighter= faster. And I’m not dogging on the NSX. Personally I love them. However, you will still have way more go fast potential in a Skyline. The NSX is an N/A aluminum V6 with high compression, so if you want to go turbo, it will require a solid build up to get some good numbers. Whereas the Skyline already has a turbo I6 with an iron block that is built to take abuse, so you can make power easier and safer.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3