This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 13509

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
JcAus
Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   6:39 AM     

Hey every one, I need some help regarding fuel pumps, ok here is my problem, I have set up my nitrous kit and I have found that my return fuel line is pumping out about 3.2 PSi in fuel pressure, I have a holley regulator supplied with the kit and is set to 6.2 PSI, I need to supply a constant flow of 6.2 PSI, I have a fuel pressure switch installed off my regulator so that if the presure drops below 6 psi it will disable the nitrous.

Now I need to hook up a fuel pump to the line to get the 6.2 PSi, which pump would be able to do that?

what else do i need to consider?

Cheers

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
SweetNeon

Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   8:08 AM     

i dont understand what your set up is. is it a wet system? isnt your motor fuel injection? why is the motor runing on 6psi? i dont know what you are saying you need to elaborate

JcAus
Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   6:44 PM     

Sorry Chad, I wrote that message last night at 0030 hrs. it is a wet system, it is set up per the manufacturers instructions.

Which are, "Fuel is supplied from the return fuel line after the fuel rail regulator, the required fuel pressure is 6 psi, if the return fuel line pressure is not 6 psi then a supplemental fuel pump is required, which we can supply"

Tonight if you cant understand that I will draw a picture and post it

Jc

----------------
uglystick
Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   7:31 PM     

which manufacturer did you end up going with? any carburettor style electric pump (holley red, etc) will supply 6.2psi, but some may need to be regulated to get it down that low. i'd suggest also a small 1 gallon fuel cell to supply said pump with fuel instead of messing with your main fuel feed line which is going to be pressurized beyond a certain point (ie the oem pump wherever that may be located).

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
JcAus
Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   8:23 PM     

I ended up going with an Australian Made brand that has been around for 20 to 30 odd years... they are Ozrace and the kit is OZNOS.

I have the regulator that has been set at 6.2 psi

Jc

----------------
uglystick
Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   8:44 PM     

yep, go on ebay, get a $30US 1 gal race fuel cell (aluminum, and still cheap - i got one on ebay for $36 shipped), get a $40US Holley Red Fuel Pump and some fuel line to your regulator. done.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
uglystick
Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   8:55 PM     

and by the way jc, where are all the hot bitches on your website?? did you not do your homework while you were sick? damn...take some picture ya fuggin sod...

ha! ;-)

jason

JcAus
Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   8:56 PM     

off that set up do I require a return line from the fuel regulator (Nitrous kit) to the fuel cell?

Jc

----------------
uglystick
Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   8:59 PM     

yup, and there is a port on the new fuel cell for said return, -6an i believe.

jason

JcAus
Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:03 PM     

So fuel cell -> Fuel pump -> fuel line -> Regulator -> fuel solenoid and return from regulator to cell?

I am a little confused as to which the order of the reuglator goes in.

Also what type of fuel lines should I run? would Braided be ok?

JC

----------------
uglystick
Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:06 PM     

exactly. that's perfect. the regulator should be upstream of the solenoid and downstream of the pump. simple as that, anything over 6.2 psi as set by the regulator goes back to the tank via a return line.

any carburettor safe fuel line is fine. braided, non braided, efi, fuel injection hose, nitrile, you name it.

jason

SweetNeon

Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:07 PM     

you wanta draw your fuel before the reg

SweetNeon

Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:08 PM     

dam jason stop posting so fuckin quick

uglystick
Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:10 PM     

i'm goin through withdrawls from actually working during the day ;-)

later y'all. i'll catch up with you tomorrow. sorry for being a post whore

jason

JcAus
Re: Need some help   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   10:05 PM     

So something like a jr dragster 1 gallon fuel cell would be ok?

SO would I run the fuel lines under the car or where?

Do I have to have the regulator in the engine compartment? or can I have it near the fuel pump with one fuel line going to the front of the car?/

Jc

----------------

Edited by JcAus (Tue Jun 24, 03   10:14 PM)

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3