This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 4865

Phatmatt

just a thought.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   10:59 AM     

remember how back in the day the import thread was BOOMING and the domestic thread was nearly dead. and it was all DOMESTIC VS IMPORT!

doesn't it seem that things have changed since then? Like there is less hate? Althought the import forum hardly even has posts involving imports (excluding the occational post buy Uglystick or neon)

uglystick
Re: just a thought.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   11:53 AM     

i think most of that anger was toward the rice crowd that learned real quick to talk the talk or get the fuck out of dodge.

it certainly doesn't hurt to have people like me, neon, ls4-454 and others here who have a good background in both domestic and foreign.

then all the ricers had gone to racer760.com anyone been there lately?

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
DieselGoPed

Re: just a thought.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   3:21 PM     

most of the ricers i know want to have either civics or supras, both imports, funnily enough. i think some of them have been watching a little too much F&F....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A wheel is for ever.
A car is infinity times four.
MrPeabody

Re: just a thought.   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   7:28 PM     

Damnit Jason you forgot me, come on now

I've noticed a nice melding of import and domestic sides of the scene. There's respect on all sides...
And after riding in Peter's, (Kutsuju_Racing), Hatch this week while in AZ, it's time to get my hands on a 4th gen again... Honda powa!

-Ben

Edited by MrPeabody (Sun Apr 20, 03   9:11 PM)

SweetNeon

Re: just a thought.   Posted Fri May 2, 03   11:10 PM     

haha slow cars

SweetNeon

Re: just a thought.   Posted Fri May 2, 03   11:11 PM     

turbo single cam hatch vruuuuuum vruuuuuuuuum

uglystick
Re: just a thought.   Posted Sat May 3, 03   11:33 AM     

ben you don't own a domestic...datsuns come from japan.

sayonara!

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
DieselGoPed

Re: just a thought.   Posted Sat May 3, 03   11:46 AM     

the z is datsun???

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
MrPeabody

Re: just a thought.   Posted Sat May 3, 03   2:20 PM     

Yup, Datsun/Nissan.

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: just a thought.   Posted Sun May 4, 03   7:46 PM     

ah, I remember sitting in the back seat of my mom's old red Datsun 310. Them were the days.

DieselGoPed

Re: just a thought.   Posted Mon May 5, 03   4:19 AM     

i remember sitting in the front with my mum in the vauxhall cortina, industriously trying to press buttons nad battering the gear stick. no wonder she didnt let me sit up front until i was like 8, after that little incident

MrPeabody

Re: just a thought.   Posted Mon May 5, 03   11:28 AM     

In reply to:

nad battering the gear stick.

lol! Oh holy crap that's good.

-Ben
DieselGoPed

Re: just a thought.   Posted Mon May 5, 03   1:47 PM     

ahem, well. er. so what! i was gifted as a small child, but then i was short so i kept tripping over em. got em caught in my bike chain on more than one occasion. it says something about your soh ben if you can notice something like that. looking back i gotta say it is pretty funny. blong blong!
aha, maybe thats why my mum reacted so violently to me sitting up front.