This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 1653

uglystick
Update on the Turbo BMW   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   2:32 PM     

Here's the update on the turbo bimmer. Most of this is solidified, the only part I haven't determined is static compression ratio.

Turbo: Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid (T04E 50 Trim Compressor; Stage 3 Turbine; .63 AR; Buick GN Exhaust housing with integrated flange for external wastegate; Billet Alu. compressor housing backing plate)

Rotating Assembly: 80mm Stroke; 95mm Bore; 140mm SCAT Rods; Ross Racing Pistons w/ top & skirt coating for less heat transfer through the crown and less wear on the skirt.

Displacement: 3403cc's

That's all for now, the turbo is bought and exhaust manifold is being modified right now.

Also i'm building a naturally aspirated 3.3 liter engine right now that will be in the car in the interum. We plan on pulling the old engine & trans tonight if not tomorrow night. The N/A high compression mill should be done within a few weeks and then we can put it all in and fire it up.

Jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Phatmatt

Re: Update on the Turbo BMW   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   3:08 PM     

sweetness man. That turbo set-up sounds like the bombdiggity.

Keep me posted on that 3.3 also. Why did you decide to go N/A rather than turbo? Did you know that the 3.3s aren't fit for forced induction? Weak bottoms I heard. Chrysler's anyway.

uglystick
Re: Update on the Turbo BMW   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   3:31 PM     

thanks,

well the 3.3 is a 86mm stroke, 90mm bore. the bottom end was already built with high compression slugs on the rods. so i figure i can build it, advance the mild ground cam and see how much power i can get out of it. it'll also feed my need for driving a bimmer for a while as i build the turbo engine and save for more parts.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
MrPeabody

Re: Update on the Turbo BMW   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   7:31 PM     

Sweetness. Keep us updated

-Ben