This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 3836

uglystick
Update & Questions   Posted Fri Mar 14, 03   3:24 PM     

Update:

Bought a garrett gt35 ball bearing turbo for the coupe. should be here early next week.

questions:

1. matt, is there any reason why i shouldn't use a large a/c condenser as a front mount heat exchanger in my water to air intercooling system? the inlet/outlets are the same size as my water system hose diameter (1/2")

2. peabody/chad: what's the website for eagle rods (like the actual corporate website not some speed shop's eagle rods page)? i am planning on using oliver rods if they'll cut me a billet set. but curious about eagle's pricing.

3. any recommendations for custom forged pistons? i know je will cut forged pistons for ya, but i'm curious who else will.

thanks,

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.5L Straight Six; T3/T04E Hybrid, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Phatmatt

Re: Update & Questions   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   10:39 AM     

Some people would probably advise against using an A/C condenser, BUT I really don't get why. It should work just fine as long as it fits ok. AND you said it did.

I've never heard of it being a problem, BUT it's not the traditional way I suppose. What else did you have in mind?

uglystick
Re: Update & Questions   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   3:57 PM     

it's the stock a/c condenser used for this car. curious why people would say not to use one. i heard from some porsche guy it works great.

i wish someone who said not to would have a reason why.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.5L Straight Six; T3/T04E Hybrid, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Phatmatt

Re: Update & Questions   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   9:28 PM     

I think money. People think that if you found a way to save money there has to be something wrong with it. No, I think the stock condenser will work fine.

storm

Re: Update & Questions   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   9:32 PM     

i think stock i don't see why not

Sukii04
Re: Update & Questions   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   9:42 PM     

hey guys, im doing a project on what does it feel like to street race...can some of u guys plz answer my questions

1. What was your first experience of street racing like?
2. Wy do people street race?
3. What kind of feelings do you get when you're in a race?
4. Whats the general age group orf racers?
5. What is the scariest thing about a street race?
6. What gives people the motivation to spend money on their cars?
7. Do alot of street racers end up being pro racers?

LS4_454
Re: Update & Questions   Posted Fri Apr 11, 03   8:40 PM     

1. What was your first experience of street racing like?
A: Fantastic, but the handcuff marks stay there for about a week.

2. Wy do people street race?
A: Because they are idiots and have a death wish. You think it is all clear until that semi pulls out from the loading dock. ie: Wannamaker ave in Ontario at 2 am.

3. What kind of feelings do you get when you're in a race?
A: Warm and fuzzy, then you realize you have pissed your pants because the cops have blocked all your exits and they have 40 flatbeds standing by to haul the cars away.

4. Whats the general age group orf racers?
A: 16-18, because they know everything and are above the law, however they are thinking with the wrong "head".

5. What is the scariest thing about a street race?
A: Wondering if your sitting low enough in the seat so your head clears as you go under the semi truck trailer. Also wondering when you will get your car and drivers license back IF you avoid the semi.

6. What gives people the motivation to spend money on their cars?
A: The motivation is earning the money to get your car out of the impound then paying for your ticket, the lawyer that bailed you out of jail and helped you plead "guilty".

7. Do alot of street racers end up being pro racers?
A: No, there aren't any "scouts" at street races nor are there any sponsors. Besides, you can't go "pro" when you are locked up or dead.

Any other questions?

Hey Neon, you got some competition here with replying to one month old posts and to top it off it isn't even close to the subject, your being out done!

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Update & Questions   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   7:58 PM     

LMAO!!!...

hehe...

i think that guy just went through and posted that same crap in all the topics... stupid shit...

create a new topic, genius...

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
DieselGoPed

Re: Update & Questions   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   1:51 AM     

must of taken a while. does anyone else here really care?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A wheel is for ever.
A car is infinity times four.