This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 77501

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10  
Stryker
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   6:31 PM     

I said that that engine is slow. And yeah, it is! I DIDN'T say that you couldn't mod it and make it fast. I know you can. Most people don't. Ok...
About the whole Garret = replacement for displacement. That's not entirely correct. You stick a turbo on a 1.8 and sure...you could go fast. But then, if you were racing, say, a 350, you stick the Garret on it too, and you'll go fastER. See...No matter how you try and talk your way around it...With the EXACT SAME mods, a V8 will go faster than a 4 banger. I'm not sayin that you can't get a 4 to go fast....I said that 8's will go FASTER. I thought I cleared that up with you in our IM.

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   6:32 PM     

See, sport compacts aren't that bad
Saw an SRT-4 today in town. Some kid driving it. Has an aftermarket wing on it, guess I can't complain too much, the car does scoot...
And as for the EVO, now you see why they've been in production in Japan for quite some time. Either for WRC, or Curcuit racing, or drifting it's one badass mofo. Even if we get the watered down version. And if you think the EVO 8's badass, hold on to your ass with the WRX STi soon to be released. With 300 HP and a 6 speed, the EVO's gonna have some fast competition

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   6:35 PM     

ive seen quite a few srt 4s matt i do believe they are out this is like the old days again relatively cheap and quick as hell now time for ford and chevy to catch up sensing turbo cavalier in th4e future

and i think the fact is yeah imorts don't have the displacement but i believe the new age replacement for displacement is technology

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   6:40 PM     

In reply to:

And the issue here isn't wether you can go faster with a V8 in the long run, becasue obviously you can, i've never disputed that. The issue is you automatically assumed the 1.8T was slow due to it's size, and didn't have potential for modification.

Holy shit man, do I have to hit you over the head or something... Look at what I said, i've never claimed that a 4 cylinder will be faster than an 8 with the same mods, never, so stop puting words into my mouth.
How is the 1.8T slow? It makes 40 more HP and 37 more lbs. torque than your 2.2 liter, that's with a .4 liter disadvantage.
And as far as clearing things up on AIM, all you did was spout more ignorant one minded remarks of "it's faster because it has more cylinders." Now where's that link of an LS1 for 2 G's...

-Ben
Stryker
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   6:43 PM     

I dunno about chevy and the cavalier, but ford is alredy there. SVT Focus. Not quite as fast as the srt-4, but not slow either.

They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
Stryker
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   6:46 PM     

First off, I said it's in a magazine, and I haven't found it online, moron.
Second, now YOU are assuming shit. You're assuming that when I say a built 1.8 won't beat a STOCK V8. I never said that. You get to build up your pretend 1.8T how you want it, I get to do the same. Quit assuming I mean STOCK engines.
next, I've beaten 1.8T's in jetta's before, so they can't be all that fast. And yeah, that was in my truck with a 40hp disadvantage.

hooyeah
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   6:50 PM     

one thing to say to peabody i agree with everything you say but you can't win an argument with stryker he's to ignorant to see the value of another pewrsons statements without getting to personal attacks

and about the svt focus it may be "quick" in a straight line but try taking one of those things around corners but then neons handle like raped apes with frozen bananas in their asses

MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   6:58 PM     

Your right hooyeah, it's pointless to argue with him when he won't even respect what I have to say. So fuck it, i'm done.

And the SVT Focus isn't bad, it handles pretty good to. It doesn't really touch the SRT-4 in acceleration with a 15.7 1/4 mile and a 7 second 0-60, but still, it's no slouch.

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   7:00 PM     

i would still rather have the svt contour!!!!! (but thats a whole new argument!!)

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
hooyeah
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   7:06 PM     

sho taurus with the lil v8

LS4_454
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   8:11 PM     

Be ready to come up with $28,000, and that is only the base price. The dealer out here wont let you drive until you qualify and you are really interested, hello Dodge!

LS4_454
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   8:14 PM     

This starting to look like the DOHC vs SOHC thread with Neon! LOL
The SRT 4's come with a wing from the factory, you only need to add a driver and go racing.

Stryker
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   8:37 PM     

The SVT focus is just good if ya want a drag racer...If you lookin for cornering, it's not a good choice.
oh, and I'm just stuborn. Everyone is entitled to my opinion...And their own I guess. you just jumped down my fuckin throat for somethin I said...Shit. I'm defendin myself here.

MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Fri Apr 25, 03   10:27 AM     

The one I saw had an aftermarket single decker park bench, maybe I should sell him my double deck that was on the Z... "it's mad tyte yos"

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Fri Apr 25, 03   12:21 PM     

have you ever noticed that everytime they put a bigger motor in the SHO, it gets slower? they started with the yamaha designed 3.0 and that was the fastest. than they went to the 3.2 and that motor slowed the car down a bit. Now they have the little V8 in it and its a total slug. whats up with that?

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10