This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 77501

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 10  
hooyeah
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   8:37 PM     

theres a company in western canada hpa performance i think they have a 4 wheel drive vr4 powered beetle with around 450 hp and 0-60 times in the low to mid 3's with 1/4s in the 12's fact is ricers can be fast hell a yugo can be fast,,, my only beef with vw's is for the most part they're heavy as hell but nice cars as a daily driver they do have alot of potential for pretty low dollar..

and uglyshtick didn't mercedes use a rotory at one point in the cosmo(?) or sometihng i think

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   11:14 PM     

In reply to:

And I'm not ignorant to the fact that the Jetta CAN be a fast car man....Hell, if I spend 10thousand bux on my truck, it'd be fast too.

10 thousand bucks? You smoking crack or something? Explain how it would take that much money to make an already responsive turbocharged engine to hual ass? It already makes 40 more HP and 37 more lbs. of torque than your truck, yes, you should be scared. With a simple turbo upgrade it can make far more HP.

In reply to:

Simple fact of the matter is, you can't get a small ass 4 banger to go as fast as a v8.

Once again your ignorance is staggering. I would have figured you would've learned enough by now from the people on this board and things we have talked about in the past. There's a replacement for displacement and it has garret stamped on the side.

In reply to:

But I have YET to see an owner of a Vetta pull up to a Camaro or Mustang, or ANY car with a V8, and not try to race

Oh, well if you haven't seen one race a camaro or mustang then it must be true, and ah yes, we're back to the because it's not a V8 then it must be slow theory.

In reply to:

It's a joke cause kids buy the car with the smallest engine they can find and stick a catback exhaust and cold air intake on it, slap on a body kit, neon, and stickers, and then try to race 'mary's and 'stangs like they the shit now.

Oh I see, because one group of the consumer market decides to spend money on their cars a cartain way means that all other simular cars have the same mods. Good, thanks for enlightening me...

In reply to:

If ya slap on a catback exhaust and a performance rpm intake manifold on a 350 that's in a camaro, you'd get a HELL of a lot more power than you would in that lil jetta.

You'll get a lot more HP then you think from a turbocharged 4 cylinder engine compared to a naturally asperated one.

In reply to:

Oh, and I seem to remember everyone on this board sayin that the new beetles are slowass pieces of shit...Well, the engine you are defending is the same damn one that's in the new beetles.

I'm talking about the 1.8T dip shit, not the naturally asperated chick mobiles.

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Apr 23, 03   7:29 AM     

actually, i never said the bug was slow before. i was defending that too. i had on hang pretty good with me. of course the interior was gutted and he had other mods but it was quick.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
BlownGTP

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Apr 23, 03   7:30 AM     

oh, and it was a turbo bug with some middle aged guy driving it so im guessing he had the money to actually make it go.

MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Apr 23, 03   8:33 AM     

Yeah, the new turbo bugs can scoot pretty good. They're a little heavier than the 1.8T Golfs, but they also have a sweet six speed.

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Apr 23, 03   9:28 AM     

aour family has got a jetta, and my dad (who is a nutter) says it can quite easily get to 125 without too much pushing. its quite a goog little car, id say it goes quickly, rather than fast

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Apr 23, 03   10:24 AM     

What model is it?

-Ben

Stryker
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Apr 23, 03   5:49 PM     

DAmn, this is a lot to reply to:
First off...

In reply to:

I'm talking about the 1.8T dip shit, not the naturally asperated chick mobiles.

Well, dipshit, the 1.8T IS available on the chick mobile.
In reply to:

t already makes 40 more HP and 37 more lbs. of torque than your truck, yes, you should be scared

I should be scared? I've waisted 1.8T jetta's before man...
In reply to:

There's a replacement for displacement and it has garret stamped on the side

Ok...you go get a B16, slap a Garret turbo on it, and I'll go get a 454, keep it n/a, and we'll race...See who wins...
In reply to:

Oh, well if you haven't seen one race a camaro or mustang then it must be true

You must've misread my statment...I said I have yet to see one NOT try and race...
In reply to:

Oh I see, because one group of the consumer market decides to spend money on their cars a cartain way means that all other simular cars have the same mods

No, because the VAST MAJORITY that MADE the market for import cars what it is today spend their money on cars that way. I know people who have been 'trickin out' imports for 10 years or more...There's a rich banker in town that does it as a hobbie. Has had tons of first place cars, all various models with neon, body kits, and loud stereos. yet under the hood of each one is 27lb turbo, cold air intake, and catback exhaust. That's it.
In reply to:

You'll get a lot more HP then you think from a turbocharged 4 cylinder engine compared to a naturally asperated one.

Enough to beat a stock camaro or mustang? Thats what I thought.

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Apr 23, 03   6:43 PM     

I was reffering to the 1.8T, not the NA model which utalizes an engine different from what we have been discussing.

I find it hard to believe that you have taken a 1.8T, which makes a substantial amount more HP and Torque, in a vehicle that weighs more. Maybe you're thinking about a different model, or the other guy couldn't drive.

And the issue here isn't wether you can go faster with a V8 in the long run, becasue obviously you can, i've never disputed that. The issue is you automatically assumed the 1.8T was slow due to it's size, and didn't have potential for modification.

Once again you're basing your assumption that since the majority of the consumer market does one thing, or from your personal experiances, that all owners of that particular style of vehicle must follow the same path. Well i'm here to break it to you, there is quite a large amount of enthusiasts who care about the performance of their vehicles and take smart steps to enhance them. And not leaving there first mods to bodikits, spoilers, and *ehem* clear tailights.

And yes, with a few simple upgrades you can easily spank a stock camaro or mustang, and in allot of cases, stock sport compacts are faster than camaros or mustangs stock, depending on the year.

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Apr 23, 03   7:34 PM     

stock mustangs and camaros are getting into the low 14's now right stryker? so with work to a vw it can't hit 13s huh?

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
LS4_454
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Apr 23, 03   10:03 PM     

"There's a replacement for displacement and it has garret stamped on the side"
Dont forget, there is no substitute for cubic inches, unless it is a VW bug (air cooled)

I've been lookn' at, gulp, SRT-4's, nice package.

MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Apr 23, 03   10:21 PM     

Yeah, SRT-4 is pretty sweet, 14.2 1/4 mile, 5.6 0-60 and Mopar factory warrantied performance packages to 300 HP... and the fact that it has no mufflers. Gotta love dodge's "screw you all we're making a fast car for cheap" approach

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   7:30 AM     

I'm wicked excited about that car. i've been talking it up ever since i heard about it last year. I have a feeling that that thing will be a tuners dream. I'm seriously condisering getting one when the come out. Dodge is finally making a smart move in preformance. Maybe they're back on track (Bringing back the hemi, making sweet assed trucks, making a new fast and cheap car). yay.

BlownGTP

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   8:10 AM     

i just watched a program on the new lancer evo. sweet car!!! 270hp water injected turbo 4 cyl. its got a huge front mount intercooler. its awd with Huge breaks and good suspension. I want one bad.

Stryker
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   6:31 PM     

I said that that engine is slow. And yeah, it is! I DIDN'T say that you couldn't mod it and make it fast. I know you can. Most people don't. Ok...
About the whole Garret = replacement for displacement. That's not entirely correct. You stick a turbo on a 1.8 and sure...you could go fast. But then, if you were racing, say, a 350, you stick the Garret on it too, and you'll go fastER. See...No matter how you try and talk your way around it...With the EXACT SAME mods, a V8 will go faster than a 4 banger. I'm not sayin that you can't get a 4 to go fast....I said that 8's will go FASTER. I thought I cleared that up with you in our IM.

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 10