This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 77501

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 10  
BlownGTP

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   7:19 AM     

i must say, it looks just as gay as the first one!!!!!!!

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
DieselGoPed

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   12:29 PM     

one of the things which annoys me is the fact that it is nothing like real life. ppl dont line up on crowded streets to race like that, and you cant get away from the cops and be scot free, you cant outrun a radio, and even if you do, theyll just be a cop at your door the next morning. god knows how many car accidents that film caused.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
BlownGTP

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   1:13 PM     

actually, pepole do line up on crowded streets like that but they are all idiots. IT DOES HAPPEN!!!

uglystick
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   2:04 PM     

yeah dieselgoped, its true. idiots do line streets that people are racing on.

idiots.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Stryker
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   10:00 PM     

I think I get what he's sayin though. Nothin in THAT proportion. When the fuck are there ever 300 cars and 3 times as many people COMPLETELY organized like that? The movie is meant to look kewl to early teens and that's it.
I think it's funny on the trailer, where ya see the skyline and the pink *yech* s2000 doin the 'jump' like the eclipse in the first one did with their neon on, and when they land, the neon is still on and not broken...
Also like how he does the 'drive and stare' to that chick and is doin like 140 in the middle of the day in a neighborhood...RRIiiiiiiiight.

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   10:31 PM     

Yeah, far be it that a fictional movie is not completely accurate and to the tee. It's produced to sell tickets and entertain people. Just becasue Rambo was popular doesn't mean we send in a guy, who happens to have thousands of rounds per gun, to take on russian dictators and the like...

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   2:26 AM     

yeah, i know that there are people who do what is done on the F&F, but not on that scale maybe. can you really get that many $80,000 cars in one neighbourhood? racing on deserted desert roads is ok, sensible, but racing on a heavily used road in the middle of a city just isnt gonna happen. thats just one big accident waiting to happen

hooyeah
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   4:40 AM     

since when are bodylitted fartpiped civics 80,000$ cars you could take most cars i see farting around the neighborhood slap on a bunch more stickers and it'd make the movie. the requirements for tha tmovie aren't a money car it's to have a car thats lowered flashy and goes BARAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPP

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
DieselGoPed

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   5:11 AM     

the cars in the movie were meant to be fast, and were meant to be full of hp increasing shit... they were all ten second cars. even if the tensecond race took two minutes. if the cars in the movie werent so rice, it might have inspired people to spend money under the hood, rather than on ricer stuff. by the way, im not bitching at you, or arguing, or trying to be cocky, just trying to say something. if ive offended you, sorry, i didnt mean to.

Stryker
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   6:51 AM     

hahaha. All 10 second cars? How do ya figure? You really think that eclipse would run 10 seconds without a fuckin fortune spent under the hood? Or the Jetta in the first one? Jetta = Joke. 1.8ltr Turbo. Oohhhh. I'm shakin...
Those cars are meant to get people to stop puttin money under the hood and put it in body kits with the assumtion that it will make them go as fast as Brian Spilner aka Brian O'Conner aka UndercoverPiggy that don't know how to drive.

They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
BlownGTP

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   7:54 AM     

all i have to say is its a rice boys wet dream.

MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   2:07 PM     

Most weren't 10 second cars. The eclipse wasn't even a turbo model in real life, it was actually a FWD GS dressed up. Other than the Charger, Supra, and RX-7's there weren't really many 10 second cars. But that's not the point, this was a movie that appealed to a group of consumers that modify their vehicles in the same manor.
Reality aside, I thought it was a pretty good movie and will see the next one in theaters to, you just can't take it too literaly.

In reply to:

Jetta = Joke. 1.8ltr Turbo. Oohhhh. I'm shakin...

It's coments like that that prove how ignorant you can some times be Curt. Just because it's a 1.8 it must suck huh? 1.8 isn't far from your 2.2 and the 1.8T happens to be a great mill, with a good amount of torque to. It can be made to produce ample HP with not much invested.
But that's ok, go ahead and be ignorant, whatever floats your boat.

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   2:43 PM     

i have to agree, good little motor. theres a few quick ones in my area.

uglystick
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   2:50 PM     

hmmm 1.8t motors are for girls. leave it to a company that invented the rotary to run that lil piece o trash ;-) i'm kidding.

jason
and i'm referring to audi, previously nsu, previously the employer of dr. wankel himself.

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Stryker
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   8:25 PM     

Ben, that Charger wasn't even a 10 second car. Lucky if it was a 15 second car. My best friend went to Universal Studios just after the video was made, and they had all the cars there...Including the charger. He said he was really disappointed when they lifted up the hood and the blower went up with the hood...It was just taped on...

And I'm not ignorant to the fact that the Jetta CAN be a fast car man....Hell, if I spend 10thousand bux on my truck, it'd be fast too. Simple fact of the matter is, you can't get a small ass 4 banger to go as fast as a v8. But I have YET to see an owner of a Vetta pull up to a Camaro or Mustang, or ANY car with a V8, and not try to race...It's a joke cause kids buy the car with the smallest engine they can find and stick a catback exhaust and cold air intake on it, slap on a body kit, neon, and stickers, and then try to race 'mary's and 'stangs like they the shit now. If ya slap on a catback exhaust and a performance rpm intake manifold on a 350 that's in a camaro, you'd get a HELL of a lot more power than you would in that lil jetta.
Oh, and I seem to remember everyone on this board sayin that the new beetles are slowass pieces of shit...Well, the engine you are defending is the same damn one that's in the new beetles.

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 10