This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 77501

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  
JcAus
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   2:16 PM     

Hey even I watch Nascar. I gots it off satelite.

I also watch is it speed week and NRHA drag racing when it is on.

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   2:19 PM     

Speed TV used to be sweet when it was Speedvision. Then FOX bought it up and turned it into a 24/7 Nascar-athon. Damn rolling beer ads...

-Ben

JcAus
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   2:20 PM     

hehehe I I gots fox sports 1 and 2 and ESPN 1 which is ghey because I dont get all the racing, they condense the channels to one and grrrrr

Jc

----------------
MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   2:23 PM     

At least I can still catch WRC on Speed, now those are real drivers... Can't wait to a new season of Speed Touring Championship starts

-Ben

JcAus
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   2:37 PM     

I cant wait soon the Subaru Rally of Canberra (WRC) will be on, I cant wait to see Mitsubishi take 1,2,3 and 4 again lol

Subarus rally and all the podiums were taken up by Mitsubishi

Lol

Jc

----------------
Phatmatt

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   2:37 PM     

god I hate nascar... EXCEPT when I see a cool crash. It just doesn't ammuse me that the cars are like all idential (but not the adds) and they just travel in a circle.... woo.

BlownGTP

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   3:01 PM     

well, nascar does take skill. you just need to learn their techniques. its alot more than driving in a circle.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
hooyeah
Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   3:18 PM     

yeah you're right following in a circle too...

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Phatmatt

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   10:38 AM     

no offence to nascar fans, but I just don't like it. I never see any guy who is like an underdog who wins EVER. Half the drivers are related (which apparently is the only way to get into nascar). I can't stand watching them drive in a circle for an hour straight, the cars with more logos that I could possibly count, or the announcers who don't seem to know anything about anything. "Here comes Rusty on his right. Rusty drives good.... his car is in front now. I like Rusty."

Yes the cars are fast. But why don't they run them on a more complex track? Why is it that even if I watch nobody ever crashes until I change the channel? I live right by the Michigan International Speedway and we get the the NASCAR fans down here regularly... it is HELL.

........ok enough of me BASHING Nascar. Rather than everyone saying how bad it is, how about someone just tell me why it's good?

MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   10:47 AM     

I think two races out of the season they run on a curcuit course... Don't mind watching those races though, it's like they're ducks out of water

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   11:14 AM     

I like it because they have to follow lines to win and use the draft correctly. if team mates get togeather, one can get rite behind the other without touching and push him around another driver. i also like to watch the pits and who has the fastest pit times and why and when they pit. for example, when you pit, do you take 2 tires or 4? it all makes a differance. Another thing is to watch how differant teams set a car up. One car can be making 180 mph laps while another makes 170mph laps just because of a few minor adjustments. Those are just some things that i like to watch in nascar. I also like the fact that most of them are down south good ol boys without HUGE egos. They all also support major chairities and i belive in that. those are my good point to show ya.

MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   12:54 PM     

You should check out F1, you wanna see soem crazyness in the pits, it's there. 8 sec stops and all, and I think that is the most car settings intensive motor sport out there...

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   2:06 PM     

Yea but they cant smash into eachother at 180 mph and drive away from it.

MrPeabody

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   4:50 PM     

True, but if all your watching races for is to see if someone's gonna crash, then have fun. That used to be the only reason I watched Nascar, but now I don't even bother... gotta run, WRC is on Speed

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: New HP item at Best Buy   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   8:18 PM     

I'm A HUGE HUGE HUGE FAN of F1 racing. I love it. Woo.

Ok and um what ...oh shit i forgot who said it... I don't want to go back and check either. I think it was GTP BUT I'm not sure. Whoever said what they liked about NASCAR actually made me think about watching it again. I was unaware that they hit each other and gave to charaties. Maybe I'll check it out again before I bash it. My ex girlfriend's dad loves it... maybe that's why I didn't like it. just kidding.

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10