This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 43399

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6  
SweetNeon

sweet car   Posted Sat Feb 1, 03   1:08 AM     

we had this bran new 575 maranello i believe it was came in the other day, sweet ass car i like it more then the 550, its got a nice set up with the tach right smack in the middle of the gauge cluster and its gota be like 5 inches its dope but thats not the funest thing about it, this has gota be the funest shit ever, if you push the traction control off and put it in sport mode and hold the break you can rev it to what ever you want and right when i let off the break its like droping the clutch in a manual trans, its the sweetest shit ever

MrPeabody

Re: sweet car   Posted Sat Feb 1, 03   11:09 AM     

Badass man. Didn't know they came out with a 5 series bigger than the 550, i'll have to check it out

-Ben

LS4_454
Re: sweet car   Posted Sat Feb 1, 03   2:40 PM     

The new M3's with SMG have what they call a "race start" that slips the clutch for maximum acceleration without spinning the tires and a "burnout mode" that is similar to the Ferrari. Can't wait for the first to person to fry one, should be about a $1,200 bill.

BlownGTP

Re: sweet car   Posted Sat Feb 1, 03   3:23 PM     

hey LS_454. what do you think of the mercedes SL55? ive heard it gives the M5 a good run for its money.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
LS4_454
Re: sweet car   Posted Sat Feb 1, 03   3:51 PM     

The SL55 is very nice car, but i haven't driven one yet, I'll have to go down the street and hit up the manager for a ride. I'm not impressed with the horsepower numbers, the SL55 is a superchaged 5.5L V8 making around 380 something horsepower (correct me if I'm wrong on that) and the M5 is a naturally asperated 5.0L V8 making 396 horse power. Put that supercharger on it and it may go up to 450hp, our engines are incredibly efficient and make great HP per CC.
Remember the old Supra's ('87) that had a turbo 6 cylinder producing 200hp? The 4cyl '87 M3 was naturally asperated and also produced 200hp.
Weve been down the BMW/Mercedes comparison before and naturally I'm partial to the BMW, but I would still expect the M5 to out perform the SL55, it is a completely different type of car. Have you seen any magazine comparisons?

MrPeabody

Re: sweet car   Posted Sat Feb 1, 03   4:09 PM     

I was watching Autoweek and they were testing a SL55, or it might have been an E55? Anyways, it was AMG and made 470 or so horses on a supercharged V8, 5.4-5.5? It did 0-60 in the mid 4's and ran low 12's or so. They said the M5 spanked it in handling though, and was a more enjoyable car.

-Ben

Edited by MrPeabody (Sat Feb 1, 03   4:11 PM)

LS4_454
Re: sweet car   Posted Sat Feb 1, 03   9:54 PM     

That may have been the E55 which is aimed at the M5, they are similar with both being performance 4 door sedans, the SL is a two door. The new bodied E series look sweet, but the first have been a nightmare for the dealer. Most returned in the first week for "problems".

MrPeabody

Re: sweet car   Posted Sat Feb 1, 03   10:00 PM     

Yeah it was an E55. Newest model. They didn't even have a price on it, they guessed somewhere in the 74 G's range...

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: sweet car   Posted Sun Feb 2, 03   10:48 AM     

yea, i must be thinking of the e55 because the guys over at the M5 message board were all upset because the car was beating them in every race. i cant imagine that the mercedes can handle corners as good as the bmw. bmw knows how to make a tight handeling car.

DieselGoPed

Re: sweet car   Posted Sun Feb 2, 03   12:15 PM     

GTP, what is actually hapenning in your icon? it looks like, from what i can see, some white car spewing over a ricer bitch car. Or have you just stuck your NOS pipe in the wrong place? lol

--------------------------------------------------------------
50cc diesel powered tarmac eating slingshot.
I could beat any of you....Just bring it.
hooyeah
Re: sweet car   Posted Sun Feb 2, 03   12:31 PM     

he's spraying nitrous by the looks of it

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
BlownGTP

Re: sweet car   Posted Sun Feb 2, 03   1:05 PM     

yea, its a 98 WS6 trans am with nitrous pulling up to a civic and purging all over the car. he has the purge valves mounted in th ram air hood to make it look like a pissed off bull.

SweetNeon

Re: sweet car   Posted Sun Feb 2, 03   5:29 PM     

What a waste

hooyeah
Re: sweet car   Posted Sun Feb 2, 03   5:56 PM     

i use the smae response for people who say burning tires is a waste his money his nitrous let him use it anyway he sees fit if i wanna go buy a set of 1000$ tires and burn em to shit thats not a choice they're bought to be used

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
BlownGTP

Re: sweet car   Posted Sun Feb 2, 03   7:46 PM     

i think it was a usefull cause.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6