This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 43399

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6  
SweetNeon

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 24, 03   1:58 PM     

are you for real?

dum da dum dum dummmmmmmmmmm
LS4_454
Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 24, 03   7:27 PM     

No one is responsible anymore, preventive maintenence, what is that? Most people feal nothing is wrong and just drive the car till it stops, then they are pissed because the repairs cost so much. With 50,000 mile warranties and service paid by the factory, there isn't much responsibility for the average owner. If people knew they had to pay for something they wouldn't continue to drive with the gauge pegged in the red, but since evrything is "warranty" then they dont even check the gauges while driving. We had a car towed in from Ontario today because they ran it out of gas, now they are pissed because we didn't find a problem, other than the empty light being on and now they have to pay for the towing.

hooyeah
Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 24, 03   8:18 PM     

i think this falls under the i drive a 60 thousand dollar car it doesn't need maintenance category

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
uglystick
Re: sweet car   Posted Tue Feb 25, 03   10:58 AM     

the m5 i drove a few weeks back...was on the auction block because its owner didn't want to keep up with the constant maintenance (3 sets of tires gone after 20k on the clock...valve job was insane, etc)

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Twin Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; External Rayjay Wastegate @ 1psi; Haltech E6K
LS4_454
Re: sweet car   Posted Tue Feb 25, 03   8:55 PM     

3 sets of tires in 20k? He must drive like an idiot, you usually get 20k from 1 set. Valve job? We never have to do a valve job and if it was a V8 M5 it wouldn't even have adjustable valves, those are "low" maintenence. Sounds like he couldn't afford the speeding tickets.

BlownGTP

Re: sweet car   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   7:21 AM     

or the car notes.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: sweet car   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   10:27 AM     

umm well it was his son who un-shoed it thrice in 20k. and the man makes plenty of money, he's a corporate attorney for one of the largest firms on the west coast. he owned it when it drove him to and from work: san francisco to san francisco. he now works directly in his client's office in sacramento (my wife's office), and well, he wanted better gas mileage so he bought a lexus is300.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Single Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; External Rayjay Wastegate @ 1psi; Haltech E6K; EBC
uglystick
Re: sweet car   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   10:31 AM     

and i pulled 'valve job' off the top of my head, btw...he just mentioned that the cost to maintain the car (gas, tires, service) was too high given his new commuting.

i do however know that the valve job on a s38m5 is a bitch. especially if you don't have any factory tools then it's impossible.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Single Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; External Rayjay Wastegate @ 1psi; Haltech E6K; EBC
MrPeabody

Re: sweet car   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   11:47 AM     

Ooooooooo... IS300 drool* One of those with a 2JZ-GTE would be awesome

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: sweet car   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   12:55 PM     

yeah! a 2jiz gete WEEEEEEEEE my moms boss has one of those the is300 not the 2jiz thingy it's a pretty nice looking car

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
MrPeabody

Re: sweet car   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   2:03 PM     

2jiz lol. It is nice looking, not bad in the performance category to... but one with a 2JZ-GTE would rape

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: sweet car   Posted Thu Feb 27, 03   7:36 AM     

IS 300? Yuck! wow, how did that guy adjust? i used to like those cars but now they just blend in like every other car around here. everybody has one just to say he has a lexus.

MrPeabody

Re: sweet car   Posted Thu Feb 27, 03   12:54 PM     

Really? They're quite uncommin over here... Althou it is annoying hearing every riceboy go, "Yo its got clears yos." Considering the IS 300 is a JDM Altezza with a 6 instead of a 4, which has had those clears for quite a while in japan...

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: sweet car   Posted Thu Feb 27, 03   1:23 PM     

Really, yea they are all over here. i liked them when they came out but they are everywhere now. its just like the old ES300's. they are everywhere.

uglystick
Re: sweet car   Posted Thu Feb 27, 03   3:16 PM     

talk about some seriously fucked up shit. speaking of 2jzgte's and bmw's...

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/forcedinduction/forum.php?postid=1825737&page=1

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; T3/T04E w/ Super60 Compressor Wheel & Stage V Turbine, Ceramic Ball Bearing, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6