This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 43399

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6  
LS4_454
Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   9:49 PM     

They are purging it to get the tank at a certain pressure for the best performance, they use heating blankets on the tanks to keep the pressure at a certain reading, it doesn't change form that quickly when staging a car that they would need to purge so much.
Besides there is a tube in the tank, if they wanted just gas they would re-mount the tank so just gas comes out and not liquid.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: sweet car   Posted Tue Feb 4, 03   5:13 PM     

Ya... but if the valve on the tnak has been open for a while then the gas in the tubes thats just sitting there can condense to liquid form from the heat around the tube....

-Gor

LS4_454
Re: sweet car   Posted Tue Feb 4, 03   7:46 PM     

I believe they mount the tank so they use the liquid, not the gas. Anyone?

MrPeabody

Re: sweet car   Posted Tue Feb 4, 03   7:59 PM     

If your talking about what form it is in the bottle, then it would be liquid. It condenses and flows through the lines as a gaseous form. Particles can be left behind and form a liquid in the lines, hence purging.

-Ben

LS4_454
Re: sweet car   Posted Wed Feb 5, 03   8:33 PM     

I would think that if the tank is set so the tube is in the liquid that the pressure in the tank would push the liquid all the way to the nozzles. If it is condensing then it should be returning back to a liquid form, just the same as water condensating on the outside of your glass on a warm day and getting your nice wood coffee table all wet. No squeezers here to help us out?

LS4_454
Re: sweet car   Posted Wed Feb 5, 03   8:43 PM     

I came across the article, it was a AMG SL55 which is the two door making 496HP, I didn't read the article, but a M5 still beat that? Thats pretty sorry considering the MB has a 100hp advantage. Maybe the MB was tied to a fence post?LoL

MrPeabody

Re: sweet car   Posted Wed Feb 5, 03   11:01 PM     

It was on Car and Driver now that I think of it, and it was a 4 door.

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: sweet car   Posted Thu Feb 6, 03   12:45 PM     

i saw that too i think it was the E class memory is usually wrong though

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
uglystick
Re: sweet car   Posted Thu Feb 6, 03   4:30 PM     

i got to drive a '02 M5 today. quick. not particularly scary though. of course its owner was sitting shotgun, a man in his late 50's early 60's with enough legal prowess to demolish my entire existence so i kept it tame on the curvies. he let me put my foot all the way into it in the straights though, and let me tell you....third gear is fun...

my el camino would skull fuck one of these cars up to about 120. after that, i honestly don't know. car was phenomenal either way.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K; 6 Speed?
SweetNeon

Re: sweet car   Posted Fri Feb 7, 03   11:01 PM     

does it look like that guy is purging his nitrous because he is going to race? i think not so yes i am right when i say it is a waste of nitrous

LS4_454
Re: sweet car   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   10:23 AM     

When you speak, being "right" is a given and naturally everyone else is wrong. Thank goodness we have you to straighten us out. ( )

LS4_454
Re: sweet car   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   10:27 AM     

Did you turn the "sport" switch on? That will change the throttle openings. It will make it more aggressive, if you hold it at a steady speed and turn it on you will feel the engine pick up some RPM. But if you had floored all the time it wouldn't matter, if the owner was shocked by being pinned in the seat while you were driving then it wasn't floored. LOL.

SweetNeon

Re: sweet car   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   11:09 AM     

your welcome

LS4_454
Re: sweet car   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   11:12 AM     

Anytime.(__)

SweetNeon

Re: sweet car   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   11:14 AM     

god bless

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6