This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 43399

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6  
DieselGoPed

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   12:27 AM     

yeah but how does it affect the car your spewing over? nitrous is also laughing gas, so maybe theres another reason...

--------------------------------------------------------------
50cc diesel powered tarmac eating slingshot.
I could beat any of you....Just bring it.
BlownGTP

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   7:48 AM     

your looking too deep into things sunny boy. it wont do anything to the car, he is just making a point by doing it.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
DieselGoPed

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   11:49 AM     

ah. I, er, get it... umm. but wouldnt it make more sense to use the nos by beating the ricer cars ass in a race? just a thought

--------------------------------------------------------------
50cc diesel powered tarmac eating slingshot.
I could beat any of you....Just bring it.
BlownGTP

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   11:53 AM     

well yea, it would if 1. the guy was in the ricer and 2. if he actually needed it to win. come on now kid.

hooyeah
Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   12:48 PM     

it's a show of power and dominance don't look so deeply into things it jsut looks cool

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
BlownGTP

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   12:52 PM     

thanks hooyeah, you took the words out of my mouth.

MrPeabody

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   2:32 PM     

It did look pretty friggin badass, I should do that to my Z

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   3:38 PM     

thats an idea.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   4:02 PM     

Thats a badass icon...

If I were to use nitrous on my fiero (which i doubt i will.... 500 cubes might be plenty w/o nitrous... lol) I would mount the purge in the front like that or mount it in the back so it purges at angles out of the decklid and looks like old faithful...

Oh... and BTW.... purging your nitrous system before you use it is supposed to increase the performance of your nitrous system b/c once the nitrous has been in the pipes for a little while it begins to turn to liquid and purging the system gets rid of all that liquid condensation and replaces it with gaseous nitrous... so you're supposed to purge your nitrous system before every race for maximum performance and gains from the nitrous shot....

and yes... it is just spraying the gas and not using it, but it is supposed to be done and it isn't wasting the nitrous....

and yes... i have researched some nitrous stuff b/c I originally was going to put it on my Fiero, but I doubt I will now since i'm puttin that 500cid engine.... kind of afraid to... lol....

-Gor

MrPeabody

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   4:16 PM     

That's a huge ass engine in that car. I still like the sound of a supercharged 3.8 But then again, it would be a monster with that 500... hmmmm.

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   4:22 PM     

yea, if i can get my car to dip into the low 13's with all bolt ons, imagine what the same motor in the fiero would do.

MrPeabody

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   4:29 PM     

Yeah, and it would still turn. Do some bolt on's and it would book, just hook up some nitrious when you wanna go straight

-Ben

Gorgoth3k1

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   4:31 PM     

ya... another friend of mine has the Supercharged 3800 in his fiero... or... he's actually in the process of putting it in his fiero... he only had the tranny and axles and such left, but i just gave him the Getrag from my fiero yesterday so he should be finished pretty soon... i think he's put a higher pound boost pulley on it and such and upgraded the suspension a bit... his car is for the AutoX... or atleast thats what he's buildin it for... I'm gonna upgrade and modify my suspension as much as I can to get better handling, but there's no way in hell its gonna be that great, but mounting the engine with the pulleys in the back will help my weight distribution a bit....

but the dude thats doin that 3800 SC conversion has told me numerous times that its a huge pain in his ass... and those axles i gave him are gonna be torn to shreds with that 3800.... I'm sure my conversion is gonna be a pain in the ass, but it'll be well worth it when its all said and done.... as will his conversion....

but i'm hopin with 633 lb/ft of torque and 400-some-odd horsepower stock that engine will hopefully push me to a much lower ET than 13... hehe.... and hopefully it'll do it without me killing myself... but i'm gonna have to learn to weld and buy a custom header kit or have some friends help build headers 'cuz i dont think they make 'em for that engine...

-Gor

Gorgoth3k1

Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   4:33 PM     

also i'm goin for the originality factor with my fiero... i want to be the only one with a 500cid Caddy engine with the pulleys in the back in a fiero.... altho i doubt i will be... hehe... but as far as i'm concerned i'll be one in a very small group... lol...

-Gor

uglystick
Re: sweet car   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   5:05 PM     

the 500 caddy is only 50 lbs more than a sbc.

just as a note, if i go single turbo with the coupe and run nitrous to spool it up, i certainly will not be wasting it in the atmosphere, rather, purging it onto the front mount heat exchanger for the water to air intercooling system.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K; 6 Speed?
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6