This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 34968

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5  
novaboy

Nova up for import show down   Posted Wed Jan 15, 03   11:36 PM     

any one here want to race a 70 nova with lots of goodies? no nitrous or turbo or supercharger......anyone????

novaboy
uglystick
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   10:46 AM     

you tend to not notice that the rice has dissappeared from this import section...

you might just be askin for it with a statement like that.

;-)

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
MrPeabody

Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   12:39 PM     

Kick yo ass in my soon to be 240Z! Well, lemme drop in an SBC first

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   1:42 PM     

Id race you, but im in uk, soo

anyways, i need a new handlebar for my scooter

50cc diesel powered tarmac eating slingshot.

I could beat any of you....Just bring it.
uglystick
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   2:21 PM     

hey limey,

ain't a single one of us going to waste our hard earned cash to come to the uk. sorry. show us some photos of your skooter. sounds fun. got a turbo on it?

;-)

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   3:17 PM     

I'm game,

Well in about two or three months ill be.

Just starting work on my 64, I have to build an engine for it and find a tranny but I'm sure it'll be running in a few months,
In the mean time, my brother (FORACING) has a pretty quick street truck. maybe he'll run ya.

So this 70 nova whats it got in it.

Oh by the way welcome back

Who has the fastest toys and why do I?
uglystick
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   3:50 PM     

your '64 huh? nova, velle, what?

sounds like fun. hey are you related to the rhoades who makes the lifters?

i'm gettin a set.

jason

1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   3:54 PM     

It's a 64 chevy II nova, pretty nice little car maybe ill take some pics of it and post them and no im not related to the lifter guy

uglystick
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   4:05 PM     

yeah for sure. we've got a guy in town here with a '62 running an lt1 aluminum small block. it's pretty sweet. nowhere near as fast as his '71 chevelle w/ 454...

email me some pics and i'd gladly post them.

jason

1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   4:07 PM     

ok, ill do that, its pretty dirty

Kutsuju_racing
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   5:04 PM     

Nova I'll run you at the end of the summer but I don't know when I'll be driving my car out that way my wife hate's ridding in it now....so what are you running now? the last you were low 15's right? Just wondering not talking smack....by the way.

Kutsuju Racing Pres
Phat_BASSterd

Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   6:39 PM     

damn i just got into this site i i found a sucker allready!!wo i love this country...im in michigan i have an 86 crx with the ex-family van engine it it..it was a '02 crv v6 van...it has no bottles,or engine mods..just the tranny,engine,electronics,and ecu from the van... ill be in the power tour this year look for me..the car is silver and chrome..you know LIKE THE BULLET!!!lol but i do race it!! why waste 250+hp on groceries......

YOUR A VERY FAST ONE!!!cause i was haulin' when i passed you!!!
LS4_454
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   7:55 PM     

Hey Jason,
Have you ever heard a motor with the Rhoades lifters? They are a bit noisier than solid lifters, they sound like a set of standard hydraulic lifters that have bled down after sitting for three months, but they do it all the time. I have gotten used to mine but if I had to do it again I would use standard lifters. You tell people it is a basically "stock" engine and they just give you the evil and and say "sure". They sound a bit racey and supposedly they change the cam duration so the engine idle is improved with big cams. They got a lot of good reviews in car magazines and by engine builders, but I haven't ever done the dyno thing to see for myself. Just follow the installation instructions and DO NOT over tighten them, I've heard of people tightening them to get rid of the noise and when they pump up they end up sticking, then a valve hits a piston. I haven't had any problems with mine, and sometimes the noise is cool sounding, especially when the Chevelle guys look at this big family type coupe with 454 badges!

LS4_454
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   7:56 PM     

Hmmm, how about racing my bug if I get it running again? Are you from around here?

MrPeabody

Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   9:01 PM     

LOL! V6 in a 86 CRX, I smell Bull Shit Unless your just crazy, then you got my props
-Ben

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5