This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 34968

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5  
DieselGoPed

Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Wed Jan 29, 03   1:02 PM     

There a lot of emu's in coachella then?

--------------------------------------------------------------
50cc diesel powered tarmac eating slingshot.
I could beat any of you....Just bring it.
LS4_454
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Wed Jan 29, 03   8:45 PM     

How tall are your rear tires? How about the slicks?

novaboy

Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   11:48 PM     

street tires are 245-60's and the slicks at 27x10's...we wills see about tucking some 275-60's they fit but they are bald.....but yea the nova is collecting dust cus i blew up the gears in the tranny....i still have reverse....does that count?

novaboy
uglystick
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Tue Feb 4, 03   1:12 PM     

boy oh boy sounds familiar.

lets go on a tranny shopping spree and blow a few more up!

jason
'64 el camino (remember me?)

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K; 6 Speed?
LS4_454
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Tue Feb 4, 03   7:44 PM     

Find something in the 28-29 area, the taller they are the harder they are to spin, as long as there is still some width. The 245/60's may be too short, have you measured the heigth? The actual gears in trans probably aren't blown, but the clutch packs might be. Is it a turbo 350? You may have blown the second gear sprag ring, get a good aftermarket one when you re-build it.

LethalToy

Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Tue Feb 4, 03   9:17 PM     

I run 31x10.50 Mickeys on the Malibu. They hook up nice and they have lasted 3 seasons at the track. We plan on still runnin Mickeys for the alchy F-Body but Hoosier has been offering a couple sets p/y as sponsorship. We have won the Sportsman class 3 years running and now we are venturing into the Pro Class with the alchy. Should be ready to go by June.......I hope

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
LS4_454
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Wed Feb 5, 03   8:35 PM     

Where are you racing at? If they are offering free tires I would go with the sponsorship, they make a good tire.

uglystick
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Feb 6, 03   4:39 PM     

what, you ain't gonna email me back ya greek punk?

;-)

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K; 6 Speed?
novaboy

Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Feb 6, 03   4:58 PM     

i think i know a little more about trannys to know an automatic doesnt have gears.....maybe that would matter if my nova had an automatic trans...but it doesnt. its blown up dead gone....no more....if there is a tranny heaven it is in there.

novaboy
LethalToy

Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Thu Feb 6, 03   7:58 PM     

to e-mail ya back it would require an original e-mail from you, my (sometimes slow) american, long lost brother.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
MrPeabody

Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Fri Feb 7, 03   11:28 AM     

Or you could look at his profile

-Ben

LS4_454
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   10:39 AM     

Dont get all "SweetNeon" on me, you didn't mention it was a stick, was just trying to help a little , and there are gears in a automatic, just not in the same way as a stick shift.
Your stick tranny is easy to pull apart, it may even have a side cover that will expose the gears and you can see what broke. Does the car still move in reverse, does make it make BAD nosies in forward/reverse gears?

LS4_454
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   10:41 AM     

I'm not Greek, but I have seen very beautiful Greek women!

uglystick
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Mon Feb 10, 03   1:04 PM     

hmm, you didn't get my email? wierd, i'll have to go hunt it down and re-send it to you.

sorry about that! sometimes slow huh? sheesh, i thought i was always slow...at least these days when i'm driving a 360v8 powered shitwagen with a stock cam.

;-)

jason

hooyeah
Re: Nova up for import show down   Posted Mon Feb 10, 03   4:24 PM     

a 360 v8 powered what?

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5