This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 17208

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
uglystick
Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Fri Dec 20, 02   11:00 AM     

I'm looking for a new book on turbocharging, reading turbo flow graphs, etc. Basically a comprehensive turbo math book that will give me the ins and outs of the compressor wheel/turbine selection process. if anyone knows where to start on something like that, let me know.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
uglystick
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Fri Dec 20, 02   11:25 AM     

here's a good photo of the twin system i recently acquired. that intake manifold has a water/air intercooler in it. i plan on using it with the single turbo instead of the twin up pipes as shown here:

[External Image Removed]

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
uglystick
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Fri Dec 20, 02   9:50 PM     

i have been suggested a book called Maximum Boost by Corky Bell.

i'll tell y'all how i like it when it gets here. the turbos showed up today with the intake / rail / injectors. i found out there were a total of 16 of these systems made from another owner of one. i dunno where he got that from, but hey, it's a nice round number.

more 2 come,

jason

MrPeabody

Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Fri Dec 20, 02   10:11 PM     

Sweet dude, can't wait to hear more about it, have fun with that beast

-Ben

SweetNeon

Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Fri Dec 20, 02   11:52 PM     

how come you bought the injectors already, how do you know what size injectors to use if you havent even finished building the motor?

uglystick
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Mon Dec 23, 02   10:27 AM     

hey goad,

shut the fuck up. the injectors came with the intake, intended for use with either an L jet bosch system. they are NOT the injectors i am using. and you're a genius once again anticipating that i could not have figured out which injectors i'll be running yet.

congrats. how's porsche shopping? like your new name?

jason

SweetNeon

Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Tue Dec 24, 02   1:54 AM     

whats goad? how come your telling me to shut the fuck up? if there not tyhe injectors you intend to use then dont make them sound like you intend to use them or this mistake wouldnt happen, oh and thanks for the genius complament, porsche shoping is going alright i found a 914 at a junk yard in the valley, what new name is that?

uglystick
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Tue Dec 24, 02   9:55 AM     

to goad someone is like to bait them. you're good at baiting me so i'm going to start calling you goad. be glad that i didn't combine it with your name and start calling you choad.

and i'm just bitchin back at ya. when i noted the injectors were there i should have said, it has a full custom fuel rail & lines that can attach to a variety of injectors. there we go.

mmm 914....put a six in it.

jason

SweetNeon

Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Wed Dec 25, 02   9:06 AM     

sounds like you are trying to figure out some kind of name for me to make you feal better about your self seeing that im pointing out every bit of stupidity that comes out of your mouth, did your lack of brain cells and over abundance of stupidity figure out a good name for me?

uglystick
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Wed Dec 25, 02   6:44 PM     

goad,

it's just to remind me not to waste my time making a fool of you. every time i write to you, i'll write goad at the top, and it'll be a friendly little reminder. hehehe..

the fuel injectors were included with what i bought, and if i were to run the haltech, i could actually use them. with an rrfpr, i should be able to, despite the fact they are probably stock. changing the amount they fire in the ecu should be fine. i'd rather start with new ones though. the ones that i just got are higher # than the stock ones off of my old e12, and the jaguar injectors from the v12 are lower #, i could always do a twin bank set of injectors, but that would require more bosses...no fun.

gekuhlte luft est fur kinder...

jason

LS4_454
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Mon Dec 30, 02   9:38 PM     

Wow Neon, your a reguler Wile E. Genius yourself aren't you?! Why dont you try and actually look for a "Porsche"? A 914 is a Volkswagen, just look at the name plate in the trunk. It was re-badged for US sale for idiots like you with fake jobs that couldn't afford a 911. Still arranging those 996's at Kay-Bee?

uglystick
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   12:30 AM     

fuck that. the 914-6 is easily one of the best fucking porsches ever made. just my humble opinion. granted, it's a shißewagon, but it's a damn nice car.

so ls4, i have met some people who have done some crazy shit to m30 heads and m10 heads too, same difference. anyway, this guy in europe just eliminated the quench area on his heads by going with a full hemi setup with an m10. domed pistons and forced induction. unbelievable. wonder if it'll work...

ever heard of metric mechanic? he does this wierd concentric circle groove job on the combustion chambers. it doesn't make no sense to me.

i mean, pocket porting and combustion chamber smoothing make sense to cut down restriction and decrease flash points that cause detonation, but shit, some of these bimmer head 'tuners' make me wonder... the one guy i know with 650.5 peak hp in an e12 w/ forced induction ports heads well, and does it just like chevy folk do. and uhh, it seems to work.

wierd shit out there in the high end bmw go fast market. a lot of stupid fuckers... a lot of really smart sons a bitches. not many REALLY fast cars. plenty of 12's. not much below that.

so how is your bug setup anyway?

jason

SweetNeon

Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   3:39 PM     

yea im a genius!, you idiot, a 914 is a porsche and it even says it down the side of it, your going to like this picture i took the other day its of me flipin you off with a snap on 12mm on the finger right next to a turbo porsche motor we are building ya like that?, oh speaking of those toy 996s where can i get them at? i went to a toy store the other but the only porsche i found was a gt1 race car, oh and i worked on this dope 996 the other day the guy brought it in, dope ass car we put a short shifter in it acupple weeks ago but the guy broke one of the bushings, it was an awesome street/race car and i got some pictures of it, Peace out idiot

SweetNeon

Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   3:41 PM     

yea 914s are good they handle better then 911s and they dont look to bad with a better stance and paint job

uglystick
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   4:19 PM     

yeah and a renegade conversion sbc snuggled between the rear fenders...

jason

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3