This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 17208

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
LS4_454
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   6:24 PM     

That "Porsche" on the side of the car is just a STICKER, look in the trunk at the silver badge near the drivers side, it says VOLKSWAGENWERKE just like in a bug. If your at this "real" Porsche shop, there should be some geez there that can explain it to you.

LS4_454
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   7:18 PM     

The 914-6 had a real porsche engine in it, but that was about as close it got to being a Porsche, the standard 914 was nothing more than a VW type IV engine out of a hippie bus.
Head work is definitely a science and a lot can happen there, good and very bad. The grooves in the head may have been to help create a swirling action to mix fuel better, but hard to imagine how well it would actually work with the speed the air is coming into the port. I would say if it worked that well you would see manufactures using it on their heads, and I haven't seen it on a production BMW head.
The engineers design things for certain reasons and companys don't spend millions in engineering for it not to work well. Everyone likes to think the "factory" doesn't know what they are doing and they can always make it better, just look at all the fart cans out there.
Or how about those cold air intakes? The work and do what they say, but look how low they are, just think of the first good rain and you drive through deep water, now that will bend some rods.
My bug is a '69, full interior, all metal, running a 2165 (78.4 X 94) , 10:5 to 1, non welded heads with 40 X 37.5 valves, Engle 125 cam, 48 IDA's, 1 5/8 header going through a Super Turbo muffler and the trans has a 4.12 ring gear with close ratio gears. I miss not having it running, almost 5 years now, may need to get it goin' and give Neon an ass whoopn'!

hooyeah
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   8:39 PM     

the factory engineers everything very well for all around purposes ofcourse it can be made better for certain aspects of the part you may be able to gain performance but you'd most likely lose fuel economy and reliability a factory job would do....but then again i may jsut be running my mouth

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
SweetNeon

Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   8:51 PM     

whats the point in argueing, your trying to say a 914 PORSCHE is a 914 vw. it doesnt take a genious to figure out who is wright, you bug aint shit

hooyeah
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   9:23 PM     

if i stick porsche badges on my lawnmower does that make it a porsche umm no but if it's sold as a porsche technically it's a porsche but it's obviously been proven to be mechanically a volkswagon

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
SweetNeon

Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   10:24 PM     

if porsche sold that lawnmower then i guess you could ya faking numb nut idiot, what are ya some kind of idiot or sum thing?

hooyeah
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   10:45 PM     

yeah i am and damn proud of it too

VROOMMMM!
Stryker
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   1:09 AM     

He's a canadian. Same thing. Wooops. Sorry hooyeah. :-P

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
LethalToy

Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   1:19 PM     

What choo talkin about foo!!! Don't make us Canadians come down there and take all your women.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
Stryker
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   2:13 PM     

hahaha. Our women would end up takin YOU~! lol. Just kiddin...I wasn't dissin on canadians...just him.

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
LS4_454
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   6:57 PM     

Well at least we know who ISN'T a genius. Get whatever Neon you may posses and we'll see. You and me, east end of Frank Sinatra, see you at mignight.

MrPeabody

Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   7:49 PM     

I saw that once, don't reamember where, but it looked mean, the engine bay that is :P

-Ben

MrPeabody

Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   7:52 PM     

Woah... forum jumped there, this was replied to another post... weird.

-Ben

SweetNeon

Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Fri Jan 3, 03   10:40 PM     

haha see you there buddy boy, why would you want to race a 4 door neon anyways?

LS4_454
Re: Forced Induction Reading Material...   Posted Sun Jan 5, 03   2:13 PM     

I want to see how fast a "Top Fuel" 4 door Neon really is. Why would you want to race a 40HP VW? Sounds like a screamin RPM match to me.

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3