This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 4311

MrPeabody

New front bumper opinions.   Posted Tue Dec 17, 02   11:45 PM     

Hey guys,
I want your opionions on a new front bumper for my civ. After seriously considering discarding the whole bodykit, I realized that financially/ time consuming it will be far easier to keep it on then going to stock. I'm getting rid of the snow plow up front, (still don't see why the previous owner bought it...), and plan on going with something more suttle. I've narrowed the options to two designs, all others are just plain gawky with the rest of the design. What do you think?

This is actually the design ment for the bodykit itself...
http://www.andysautosport.com/images/civiccombat_88-91.jpg

This is a more agressive one that I saw...
http://www.extremedimensions.com/shopexd.asp?id=1652

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: New front bumper opinions.   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   7:56 AM     

i like the first one better, the second one is too rice for may taste. besides, the second one will scrape on everything.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Metal396
Re: New front bumper opinions.   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   10:42 AM     

i agree, the first one is better...... just not so sure obout the side thingies under the doors...... yuck

----------------------------------------------------
Yeah Yeah, your car is better...... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!
[External Image Removed]
hooyeah
Re: New front bumper opinions.   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   1:19 PM     

first one without the side skirts the second is almost as bad as the one you have now....why don't you get one of those front clips when you get your new engine just get it all in one peice from japan

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!

Edited by hooyeah (Wed Dec 18, 02   1:22 PM)

MrPeabody

Re: New front bumper opinions.   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   1:42 PM     

Well, seeing as i'm not going with the front clip because I can't put a JDM engine in my car due to smog restraints, i'm sticking with the kit idea. I like'd the frist one too, looks cleaner... and I have those sideskirts now and as I stated before, due to financial constraints ect. I need to keep the kit, which has been molded in the side... But I definently need a new front bumper, the one I have now is pathetic.

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: New front bumper opinions.   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   1:43 PM     

well, lets see what you have now.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
hooyeah
Re: New front bumper opinions.   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   1:51 PM     

theres a reason he only shows the back of his car in the pic trust me you don't wanna see it

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
MrPeabody

Re: New front bumper opinions.   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   3:26 PM     

Dude... I get it already. Yes, the front looks like shit. Hence, me getting r...i...d o...f i...t ehem... Anywho, if someone can host the images i'll be happy to show em, I think jason has some...

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: New front bumper opinions.   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   3:37 PM     

calm down dude it's not as bad as i make it seem trust me there are lot worse good move getting rid of it how much would it cost for a stock one?...just curious cuz i know body kits are fucking expensive

VROOMMMM!
MrPeabody

Re: New front bumper opinions.   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   4:27 PM     

I'd have to hit the yards and get the stock bumper plus supports, (which I'm gonna get anyways). It would be cheaper to go stock, but then i'll be spending waaaaay more taking the sideskirts of and finding moldings again. The kit bumper will cost a little over 200, more expensive than a stock one but cheaper than going back to stock all around

-Ben

storm

Re: New front bumper opinions.   Posted Thu Dec 19, 02   3:51 AM     

i like the 1st one better