This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 14591

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)  
BlownGTP

Re: How much will a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST co   Posted Sun Dec 22, 02   5:58 PM     

i always liked maximas. i really like the new ones. i bet that it would be easy to make an older body maxima like that break the 14's. those cars have some sack from the factory.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: How much will a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST co   Posted Mon Dec 23, 02   11:07 AM     

hell yeah. maxima's are probably one of six japanese cars i have respect for. my friend has two hundred and ninety thousand miles on his. he took it up to reno, got a couple chicks to drive out in the desert with him, got so fucked up that he woke up leaning against a cactus...

that the car had run into.

the girls were nowhere to be seen and the car was still running. in gear. turning the front wheels ever so slowly in the sand pushing against the cactus.

needless to say he was up there for work and was late by that point in the morning. he got in the car and laid out across the desert literally jumping the car over obstacles/beating the hell out of the suspension.

one month later with no work done to remedy the car's issues aside from the bumper being wired on with baling wire and the hood wired down, i drove the car.

and it was still fast as hell and handled like god. i was shocked. maxima's kick ass. with a little bit of nitrous and some extra fuel they would break into the 12's i'd bet...plus a little stick-em on the tires...the do have a tendancy to burn em in the low gears...

ahhh and that sweet sweet torquesteer that could break your wrists....

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
BlownGTP

Re: How much will a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST co   Posted Mon Dec 23, 02   1:33 PM     

my friend has a 92 with 210,000 miles and it still drives like a new car. you hear a small clunk from the struts but the car still drives great. oh and he also beats the shit out of it. its a 5 speed

Gorgoth3k1

Re: How much will a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST co   Posted Mon Dec 23, 02   10:57 PM     

my dad used to have an old geo metro he put 250,000 miles on.... and after all that... it still ran like shit and was slow as shit with its whole 3 cylinders pumping it along... haha...

but the biggest thing that pissed me off in that movie was the lack of play with that skyline and the fact that that charger just HAD to wreck... couldnt that supra have blown up or something and leave the charger alone? i still can't bring myself to watch that part.... i always skip that chapter to the credits where i fast forward to see the chevelle

-Gor

Gorgoth3k1

Re: How much will a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST co   Posted Mon Dec 23, 02   11:00 PM     

oh... and the new maximas with 250 horses straight from the factory mated to a 5-speed tranny... i hear they're pretty badass... some guy around here has some maxima that looks pretty kewl... but i think he just lowered it stuck some rims on and put a fart can on... but it looks pretty kewl nonetheless... hehe...

-Gor

BlownGTP

Re: How much will a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST co   Posted Tue Dec 24, 02   7:08 AM     

i dont like the part where they show the inside view of the cahrgers engine and he blows a rod and the car keeps going. rice boys must think its real. lol

MrPeabody

Re: How much will a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST co   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   7:58 PM     

Me and my bud almost got his mom's 89 Max goin, (dropped in a new engine.)

-Ben

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)