This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 16592

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Mon Dec 9, 02   8:49 PM     

I prefer the stringent Texas smog tests

especially in this microscopic town i live in... y'know.. one of them towns where everybody knows everybody else... as i've said before... a friend of mine passed a pro-street nova through inspection... it was great... this thing had racing slicks and everything... the full 9-yards... its a badass nova tho... but ya... we dont have a visual test and the out the tailpipe test is INCREDIBLY easy to pass... just as long as you can still see through the smoke out yer tailpipe, its fine.. lol..

-Gor

uglystick
Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Tue Dec 10, 02   10:48 AM     

hehehe...texas, home of the tailpipe visual test.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
MrPeabody

Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Tue Dec 10, 02   11:28 AM     

I still can't believe they passed a pro street Nova... if you rolled up to a CA station, they'd have a friggin aneurysm

-Ben

uglystick
Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Tue Dec 10, 02   11:50 AM     

ain't that the truth...

so peabody, when are you going to come up and help me work on one of these turbo engines?

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
hooyeah
Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Tue Dec 10, 02   12:21 PM     

he'll help you when his car runs 13s;) good luck with that help uglystick

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
MrPeabody

Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Tue Dec 10, 02   3:29 PM     

That would be kickass. Have to find some time, with college and all
And i'm not too far from the 13's, just need to swap in the 1.6 and get the head up package... and some slicks too :P

-Ben

LS4_454
Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Tue Dec 10, 02   8:25 PM     

Hey Peabody,
I have a guy in our shop with a 90 something Civic SI (I think) that put a turbo on his stock engine, ran for about 3 months and now he has to put a block in it . One of the cylinders only had 30 lbs of compression it, his turbo is so big it was hitting the block and you couldn't bolt it on all the way causing a leak. When you do yours do it all right and do it once.

MrPeabody

Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Tue Dec 10, 02   9:09 PM     

Yeah, no shit. Honda blocks are too weak stock to boost allot. You need rods, block guards and iron sleeves to hit anything in the high lbs. of boost, even anything over 6 lbs. on a stock bottom end is pushing it, unless you go all out on the fuel I'm still contemplating turbo or all motor. I got what looks like a good deal on a Gude head up package. Port and polish head, reworked valvetrain, milled for a 11 to 1 CR, port and polished intake manifold, throttle body, cam, gear and a reprogrammed ECU. Should slip me into solid 14's maybe 13's with some slicks

-Ben

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Tue Dec 10, 02   9:54 PM     

ya.. .that nova is badass... its my friend's grandfather's car... i was over there checkin it out and i saw the inspection sticker and was like wtf? then he told me the story... it was great.... that thing has a muncie 4-speed and will wheelie in the 1-2 shift... one time he let me and my bud ride in the floor where the passenger seats normally are and he gunned it in first and sat there smoking the tires through 3rd before he did something and that car took off like a bullet... talk about some serious wind-pipe crushing... hehe... he lets my bud drive it around town sometimes running open headers... he drove it through the square in high rpm in 1st and set off 3 car alarms...it was hilarious... i think he's afraid to REALLY gun that thing tho... i think they get the fuel for this car from the local air port, if i'm not mistaken... its truly is a BADASS nova... i fell in love with it the second i saw it.... but my bud's '69 'maro is also a BADASS car... altho right now its primered and he's saving up for some badass paint and he blew the wiring harness and needs a new one.... but i believe he's painting it a dark metallic blue with ghost flames running up the sides and hood... this is the same guy that wants to race my fiero whenever i get the V8 conversion done and he has his 383 in his maro... it'll be kewl... but of course i'll kick his ass.. .lol... he'd ass-rape if he drove that nova tho... lol...

and yes.. i love the tail-pipe visual test i've passed a 93 dodge dakota V8 running straight pipes... and i did the same with my 65 'stang GT... no one really gives a damn out here... except the stupid cops.. if you're in a badass car they'll pull you over just b/c you're in a badass car... i got pulled over once in my 'stang b/c the cop thought "i looked like i needed to be pulled over" now thats bs... hehe... altho all he did was talk to me about the car... turned out he had a '69 Mach 1 which he races... but i think he sold it 'cuz i dont see it in his driveway anymore... (he lives next door to a friend of mine)... altho... this is the same cop that wanted to come drag race with us when he was off-duty.... we didnt let him 'cuz honestly none of us wanted to get tickets in case he was just tryin to con us...

man... that was a long winded response... lol...

-Gor

MrPeabody

Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Tue Dec 10, 02   10:00 PM     

Yeah, I'll never get cops. I know this guy who had an exhaust on his prelude, 50 state legal in emissions and decible levels, he showed the cop the paper and sticker that came with it, and the cop says. "Well it sounds to load to me so your getting a ticket anyways, take it up with the judge." Now that's some major BS right there...

-Ben

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Tue Dec 10, 02   10:38 PM     

ya.. .the cops where i live are noted for being the most corrupt police in Texas... i remember it being on the news... hehe...

but ya... i've been pulled over by a Constable (who can't even write tickets anywayz) for passing a guy who was turning left on the right.... which as far as i know is perfectly legal as long as you signal you're moving on to and off the shoulder and all that shit... but that same cop also created a HUGE traffic jam going into town b/c he was pulling over EVERYBODY that did that and so everyone had to start waiting for the person in front of them to turn left on this street that is VERY busy and takes a long fucking time to turn left... but then the cop took my license and registration and sat in his truck for about 45 minutes... so i got out of my car (already late for my app't) and walked back to his truck and he said "oh ya... you can leave... here's your license and registration back" gawd... i almost killed the fucker... hehe... but yes... cops here are EXTREMELY stupid...

-Gor

SweetNeon

Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Wed Dec 11, 02   6:28 AM     

gude is a rip, there stuff is shit, they wont even give flow charts, the guy works on the stuff in his garage, my advice is dont buy a faking thing from them

MrPeabody

Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Wed Dec 11, 02   3:05 PM     

Yeah, I wasn't planning on it at first, i've heard they have bad service, but I know a guy who has a shop and is friends with the owner of Gude, so he can hook me up... He has a gude package on his ZX2 in the 13's.

-Ben

SweetNeon

Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Wed Dec 11, 02   8:08 PM     

thats not all i heard bad about, mostly there reground cams and there slopy head work and the grip of zx2 and neon pissed off owners mad about there cars only makeing 20hp over stock with there whole package

SweetNeon

Re: Might go Forced Induction on The Koop   Posted Wed Dec 11, 02   8:11 PM     

but then again they enlarged a throtle body for the neon once and that seemed to work pretty good untill my 60mm throtle body but the idle of it sucked compaired to gudes

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3