This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 4468

azarell
New to imports and looking for basic help   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   2:58 PM     

What up all. Im a "virgin" when it comes to import racing but Im very interested and eager to build my own car and I would apperciate any help I can get even if its a web address to point me in the right direction. Thanks.

hooyeah
Re: New to imports and looking for basic help   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   2:59 PM     

well what kind of car are you looking for and what exactly do you want it to be capable of? do you have any driving experience?

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
azarell
Re: New to imports and looking for basic help   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   3:17 PM     

to be honest Im not sure what kinda of car to look for. I dont know what out peforms what and so on. I want do more then some cars I see. more then just a body job. I want my engine to really perform. I hope that helps. Ive had my license since I was 16 so I would hope that I can drive.

Metal396
Re: New to imports and looking for basic help   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   3:41 PM     

Subaru Impreza, dont get a civic, dont get an eclipse. If you want something different , that can perform, go with a subaru impreza..

Or you can go look for an older bmw, those things kick ass. I suggest u talk to UglyStick, he always has good suggestions.

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
BlownGTP

Re: New to imports and looking for basic help   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   3:45 PM     

i have to agree that the "scoobydoo" is a good choice. ive always liked the older toyota supras or celicas also.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
hooyeah
Re: New to imports and looking for basic help   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   3:46 PM     

nissan Z cars 240 sx datsun, old beemer, mg, impreza, or the holy grail of all econoboxes a chevette

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
hooyeah
Re: New to imports and looking for basic help   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   3:46 PM     

70's celicas look like mustangs

VROOMMMM!
BlownGTP

Re: New to imports and looking for basic help   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   3:48 PM     

that do you want to do, go straight or do you wand it to handle turns nice and tight? maybe you want both. oh and how much money do you want to spend?

BlownGTP

Re: New to imports and looking for basic help   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   3:50 PM     

wow, i just noticed that your a fellow cheesehead! welcome to the board.

uglystick
Re: New to imports and looking for basic help   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   4:09 PM     

yeah, buy my brother in law's bimmer. it's in the classifieds section. it's about 1/2 done. needs a cam to build some serious power and a 5 speed out of a 320i ($65 at pick n pull) to get to the real high speeds...

or get an old celica or a subaru. if looks don't matter, there are many cars that can be easily modified to perform beautifully... but if looks matter, tell me now or i'll be pointing you in the wrong direction.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
hooyeah
Re: New to imports and looking for basic help   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   4:14 PM     

all ugly cars can be made beautiful

VROOMMMM!
Metal396
Re: New to imports and looking for basic help   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   4:17 PM     

(continuing from hooyeah's post).......With the right stance and wheels... hell even my spectrum can look badass with those 2 things done.

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.
[External Image Removed]