This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 31853

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5  
JcAus
Re: Pics of my car   Posted Sun Dec 1, 02   8:16 PM     

When I purchased my car I was working for the Local Government here (Approx 6 agencies and 4000+ desktops) SMS application packaging and MSI packaging for domain wide distribution. So that paid some dollars and I was able to get my car.

Importing from Japan to here isnt that much...you can pick up some awesome done up racers to nice looking show cars.

I have a mate that I met when I went to import my car and he hooked me up a good deal.

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
JcAus
Re: Pics of my car   Posted Sun Dec 1, 02   11:29 PM     

6A12-MIVEC
6 cylinders in a V shape with a 60° angle with double overhead camshafts.
Combustion is carried out in a pent roof type combustion chamber

Cylinder bore of 78.4mm, piston stroke or 69.0mm and a compression ration of 10.0

There are three ignition coils controlling the spark plugs in pairs (1+4), (2+5), (3+6)

The valve timing at low speed is at 15° (Intake opening), 41° (Intake closing), 41° (Exhaust opening), 15° (Exhaust closing) and at high speed is 37.5°, 82.5° for the intake and 75°, 30° for the exhaust.

----------------
hooyeah
Re: Pics of my car   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   1:56 AM     

nice set of headlights on those girls i mean cars

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
SweetNeon

Re: Pics of my car   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   6:42 AM     

what kind of shape is a pent?

JcAus
Re: Pics of my car   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   12:09 PM     

pent-roof:
A combustion chamber whose upper surface resembles a shallow peaked roof. Usually used with four valves per cylinder.

pent-roof combustion chamber:
A combustion chamber whose top is angled like a roof

----------------
MrPeabody

Re: Pics of my car   Posted Mon Dec 2, 02   4:43 PM     

Damn lucky aussie :P My car sucks...

-Ben

JcAus
Re: Pics of my car   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   8:51 PM     

Fitted my new intake the other day. Fitted an Aussie made Uni Filter. Runs quite nicely now. It appears to have a better and more responsive feel compared to the standard box and my old filter. Plus it is all Legal when it comes to the Motor Registry, but i do believe that the cars intake noise will be a problem with em....I went passed a cop with it on and just as I hit Mivec, he didnt do anything. Hmmmmm
Oh well not to think to much of it

I will take a pic tonight

----------------
SweetNeon

Re: Pics of my car   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   9:26 PM     

would you like some headers with that intake F&Fboy3?

JcAus
Re: Pics of my car   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   10:16 PM     

Sure thing bitchkins

two dollar?

JC

----------------
MrPeabody

Re: Pics of my car   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   10:17 PM     

Dude, shut up, his car is so fuckin kick ass, maybe you should do a little research on makes and models other than the "Neon" for once hmm?... And how in the fuck does adding an intake make him a F&F B??? It's allong the same lines as a ram air hood on a muscle car, and excuse us for actually having to drive a street legal car to work or school every day, and not being able to throw on a quad throtlle body manifold ect ect. You for one should know the amount of flack and biased opinions sport compact owners get, why don't you contribute to the industry you're so invoved in instead of trashing on it...

-Ben

JcAus
Re: Pics of my car   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   10:20 PM     

More pics

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

JC

----------------
JcAus
Re: Pics of my car   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   10:21 PM     

Thanks Ben

My car is not a fucking drag car, I drive it to work each day I will go and take some photos of stone chips if you like?

JC

----------------
MrPeabody

Re: Pics of my car   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   10:27 PM     

Are full intake systems, (relocation to near the lower bumper or so), available and legal over there? Just curious Looks good, bassically the same kind of setup on my car, except I replaced the intake tube from the throttle body forward. I want to get a full system, but i'm not gonna touch it untill I get the new engine

-Ben

JcAus
Re: Pics of my car   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   10:29 PM     

With the mivec engines if you change the length of the inlet plenum you impinge on the performance as the engine has to work harder to gain the air. much like pulling air through a straw.

The inlet on the FTO is measured to approx 150% of the engine capacity I am sure it is like that on most cars also

JC

----------------
MrPeabody

Re: Pics of my car   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   10:34 PM     

BTW, I was searching some 4th generation civic forums and found out a neat little trick with my model. In the air chamber before the throttle body, there's this restrictor plate, (about 4" long by 2" high), and it seriously dampens my airflow into the throttle body, (for better gas milage and less noise I presume.) I took it out so it's free flowing now. Well, gave it a test run and was pleasently surprised. My trap speed was higher, speedo climbed a little faster and the top of this hill on the way to college is reached quicker I was pretty surprised, nice cheap HP upgrade wouldn't you say?

-Ben

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5