This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 51562

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6 7  
Metal396
1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   1:19 AM     

ok i was out tonight cruisin around, seein if there was anybody ridin around or even racing... saw some people talked to a couple ricer car owners, but there was nothin really happening... around here people occasionally see ricers run up "base line hill", a huge 4 lane hill over here... so i was just screwin around and decided to do this in my stang...

Note that my stang is stock, not all that fast. Has desent top end though, but it runs approx. low 17s in the 1/4 mile...

Went up it starting at the base at about 45mph. Normal of all people racing up it... midway through i was at about 80mph, then started lettin off.... i was actually suprised of how well my stang ran it.... even with a crapass 2 barrel...

Later tonight i decide to take out my civic... well its supposed to be my civic but i didnt want it.... cause well, its a civic... lol... this will tell u why... i took it out, the best thing about it is that its manual transmission... so fun to drive....

well i ran up the hill in this mostly stock civic (some good exhaust system that i dont know the name of, and a new intake). startead at about 45mph just like i did in the stang... shiftin at about redline( between 6 and 7k i believe).. midway up the hill, it seemed to have stopped accelerating... i was floring it in 4th gear and it would not accel above 65 mph! i dont remember what rpm it was at , but it whas whinin pretty loud out that rice-like exhaust... i cant beleive the little 4 banger wouldnt budge any faster than 65! haha if all the rest of the ricers around here run like that, my car might just clean up even before i get a 4 barrel

Just thought id share this story, of Metal396 pushing a teenage style import too its VERY limited limits.... It all only makes me more ambitious to fix my car up more , and beat em all lol..

ps. i do know that theres faster imports out there and not all will be easy to beat lol... but this is only highschool..... we aint gunna be runnin faster than mid 12s here!

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
hooyeah
Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   1:31 AM     

buwahahaha very limited limits GENIUS!

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
[External Image Removed]
VROOMMMM!
sweetdevil
Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   4:52 PM     

I was at baseline yesterday... I had to go pick up a cd in high land, and then got lost looking for Chaparral

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
Metal396
Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   5:52 PM     

haha welcome to my town... lol

Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   8:07 PM     

Heh, good luck finding a Honda running better than a mid 12

-Ben

Metal396
Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   9:45 PM     

haha i meant 12s as a fastest car on the street at all around here... majority of people are probably in like 14s and 15s.... i aint even there yet LOL

Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
hooyeah
Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   10:08 PM     

i can easily hit 12 dudes

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
[External Image Removed]
VROOMMMM!
SweetNeon

Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   6:22 AM     

i could name a hand full of 12 sec Hondas, i have no clue why you all think they run so slow, you guys must be hanging around the F&F crowd

MrPeabody

Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   12:17 PM     

I was just saying good luck finding one's lower than 12's Wasn't saying they aren't around.

-Ben

nissandriven
Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   1:14 PM     

uhh...ever tried downshifting

hooyeah
Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   1:46 PM     

downshifitng when he's running at 5000+ rpm so he cuts his engine up to 8000 rpm pushing him way out of his powerband and probably blwoing his engine you idiot ricer fuck wad i think i hear your little sister calling you bettr hurry up bitch

[External Image Removed]
VROOMMMM!
BlownGTP

Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   2:03 PM     

wow, nissandriven seems like another ricer dipshit backing up his homies!

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Satanismycopilot
Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   2:26 PM     

besides i thought down shifting was slowing down.....or is your runningf real low rpms in od and you drop it down a gear into drive and punch it...gettin up a hill isnt a matter of down shifting if you dont have enough torque to get up it to begin with

Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   3:14 PM     

i ran it from a dead stop, haulin ass through all gears up to redline...is that too hard to understand?

Well that wasnt REALLY haulin ass..... LOL

Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
Metal396
Re: 1998 Civic EX = WEAK!!!!   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   3:15 PM     

as in haulin ass going fast... not actually haulin ass.... the body part..... its a homonym...........

Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6 7