This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 18834

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
MrPeabody

New Neon SRT-4   Posted Sat Nov 23, 02   9:32 PM     

Hey guys,
Just picked up the new Sport Compact Car issue and they drove the new Neon SRT-4, whooped all over some of the best new compacts the USDM has to offer. It runs a 14.2 @ 99.5 MPH, has 223 WHP and 250 lb-ft of torque... Oh, and a 0-60 of 5.8, beats out the Mustang GT

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Sat Nov 23, 02   9:59 PM     

and it's "cute" too

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
[External Image Removed]
VROOMMMM!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Sat Nov 23, 02   10:32 PM     

ya... a friend of mine has been going ape-shit for this srt-4... to me it looks like a factory turbo'ed neon with some nifty seats... hehe... but ya... they got some pretty nice factory specs...

-Gor

MrPeabody

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Sat Nov 23, 02   10:56 PM     

Yeah, the looks don't do much for me either, I like the first gen's personally.

-Ben

Satanismycopilot
Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   6:21 AM     

you like the ones known to catch fire? you know where something goes wrong with the starter and it trys to turn the car on and catches fire .

happened to my step sister

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   4:51 PM     

In reply to:

and it's "cute" too

ha ha ha

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
SweetNeon

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   4:58 PM     

the drive train is totally different

Kutsuju_racing
Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   4:30 PM     

I think it's gay that they'll make a turbo neon and not let us have the civic type R that can low 14's all motor! hell let us have a civic turbo charged and the domestic would have to put V6's in all there sport compacts just to keep up. a 2 liter with 223 is so weak to especailly for turbo charged. I'm working on getting a type S prelude for my hatch it's a 2.2 with 220HP ALL MOTOR! man that in my car would be so sick. my car only weighs just over 2,000Lbs!

Kutsuju Racing Pres
MrPeabody

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   4:44 PM     

Heheh. A lude motor would be cool, just wouldn't turn good :P (I know I know, already got into that And yes, a factory turbo Honda would kick some major ass. Kinda always wondered what it would be like if Honda built a V8. Other than Indy and Cart stuff, I mean street

-Ben

Cutlass

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   7:04 PM     

anything that runs 11s and slower is slow.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
hooyeah
Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   7:16 PM     

it's not made to run with type r civics it's made to plain and simply compete in the sport compact market they don't care if a civic from japan ccan beat it it'll sell and stuick money in their pockets

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
[External Image Removed]
VROOMMMM!
1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   8:35 PM     

listen to you. anything that runs slower than 11's is slow, Have you no respect. What is your car just so bad ass that you just think you can sit there and say stupid shit like that.

I bet you've never even been in anything faster than 10 seconds. and if you did you weren't driving.

So hows your 470 ci of pissed off odlsmobile. Is it finally going what kind of times did it run.

Who has the fastest toys and why do I?
1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   8:36 PM     

ps.
im just a little pissed off today and am taking it out on others sorry you were the victim of everyones stupidity that is within a ten foot radius of me

Who has the fastest toys and why do I?
SweetNeon

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Tue Nov 26, 02   6:33 AM     

americans are smart thats why you dont see type rs hiting any where in the 14s stock, im sure the factory would of designed a turbo civic by now if it could work but i bet those little motors couldnt handle it with there pos blocks, haha 223 is weak? so your funny and stupid now huh thats a factory set up made for dependability and economy and what have you, its not like bolting on a hardcore turbo set up to a car its factory dumb shit, your car will never be any thing so dont get to worked up about it ive seen lots of people like you and they end up geting jack shit down the road

Cutlass

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Tue Nov 26, 02   4:22 PM     

the new motor is running just fine, as for times come on out and see what it runs. what kind of times do you think 950 hp will turn, well below 11s.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3