This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 18834

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)  
SweetNeon

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Thu Nov 28, 02   10:01 PM     

pry cuz they would have to redesign there whole engine combo to make it reliable and streetable and ect

hooyeah
Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Thu Nov 28, 02   11:00 PM     

the civic is an ECONOMY car in the states nothing esle if they do produce a factory turboed civic they'd probably end up redesigning the entire car and changing the name

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
MrPeabody

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Thu Nov 28, 02   11:04 PM     

Yeah, because all those bazillians of turbo Honda's are so damn fucking unreliable... ahem, and i'm sure a stock block neon could run 12 lbs. of boost completely fine and dandy, considering how they're modern marvels of ingenuity. Bull shit, they'd bust up just the same as a Honda would. Sorry, i'm just getting a little tired of the, "Neons are better than every car out there, and are the fastest around attitude." Anything and everything can be fast just the same, it's just a matter of preference. And i'm not just Honda biased, the newest Si, in my opinion, sux nuts.

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Thu Nov 28, 02   11:08 PM     

stock neon can take a 150 shot of nos with no problems

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
BlownGTP

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   8:46 AM     

I just say screw it and get a volkswagon 1.8t hatch. those cars are sweet and i may consider one for my next car. in my area, it is no suprise to see them hitting high 12's with minor work.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
SweetNeon

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   9:23 AM     

i have no clue how many lbs of boost a neon could take compaired to a honda but i'll tell you one thing the way a neon engine block is designed it could handle alot more added stress of a turbo then a honda block could, if you dont know how the neon engine block is designed then dont be speaking up, later on in life you will relize no motor is created equal in every way so your dead wrong if you think they are any thing like a honda 4cyl besides the fact that is has 4cyls

SweetNeon

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   9:26 AM     

150 shot with a stock motor wont last long unless you build it for it

SweetNeon

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   9:26 AM     

12s with minor work my ass

BlownGTP

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   10:08 AM     

well, im going to give you your own advice now, "LOOK INTO IT"!

SweetNeon

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   11:58 AM     

what do you consider minor work is my question

SweetNeon

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   11:59 AM     

or shit in that case what do you consider major work

BlownGTP

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   12:22 PM     

well, i know you wouldnt need to do any internal motor work. it would be all bolt ons. thats my idea of major work and minor work. i have a question for you. Why do you always get so bent when pepole say good things about other cars?

SweetNeon

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   12:30 PM     

i just dont think "minor" work will get that car in the 12s

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)