This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 18834

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
LethalToy

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Tue Nov 26, 02   7:33 PM     

With that lead sled I would be quite impressed if you break 10's. I like the olds, don't get me wrong but saying 11secs and slower is bad is quite a generalization. I know of quite a few 11 sec rides that have a lot of work into them that double as a daily driver and i have a LOT of respect for them and their drivers. Shit, I could say 11's are slow since I have taken many a 8 second (and sometimes quicker) sled (snowmobile) down the track. Any vehicle that can hit sub 12's and still be streetable gets props from me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
SweetNeon

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Tue Nov 26, 02   8:33 PM     

any thing streetable hiting 12s would be awesome

BlownGTP

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Wed Nov 27, 02   8:10 AM     

Hey lethal, what kind of sled was it? have you seen the new yamaha with the R1 motor in it? it pushes about 197hp and is supposed to be the fastest production sled ever. its got dual exhaust hanging off the back of it with the R1 tail lights. its got the 1000 cc 4 stroke 4 cylinder motor in it. its supposed to be wicked.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Cutlass

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Wed Nov 27, 02   4:04 PM     

i'll just say that the car doesn't weigh anywhere near what it looks like, its been out on a big diet while looking somewhat stock, great for street racing. it'll go 10s easy and is still driven on the street whenever i feel like takeing it out. i wasn't saying 11s are bad, my old motor ran 11s, once you go faster than that though 11 seconds feels much slower than it actually is.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
MrPeabody

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Wed Nov 27, 02   4:06 PM     

You're too spoiled dude 11's sound real nice to me

-Ben

Kutsuju_racing
Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Wed Nov 27, 02   4:49 PM     

Neon I'm dumb? I don't know how your non spelling ass even graduated. I gues it was the extra credit for taking Auto class 4 times a day.

"im sure the factory would of designed a turbo civic by now if it could work "

If it could work? how many turbo civics do you think are in the states right now? damn your an idiot. Why don't you go to Sport compact magazine and read what they think about the building of Japanese motors? Please dude they probably have the best internals to handle mobs of horsepower and Juice! Please moron your an idiot to dogg on Japanese cars. See that's how dumb you are I don't dogg on Domestics because everybody has there ways of doing things, I just talk shit on your dumb but because I think you really believe what comes out of your mouth and then a few posts later your kissing some dudes ass who has a quick ass honda!

I think 223 is weak from a turbo car. When an RSX has 200 all motor with a 2.0!!!!!!!

Son I'm already down the road and I'm just getting started see mommy and daddy never bought me a car.

You want to hear something else weak....2.4-liter DOHC 16-valve 4-in-line, 140 hp that's your weak ass motor stock...hell mine stock is a 1.6 with 125! (stock!)

2.4L I4 147 HP

3.0L V6 200 HP

Honda?

Honda Civic Type-R (R for racing) only in Japan. Featuring a 1.6L putting out 185hp

S2000 2.0 with 240

TYPE S PRELUDE 2.2 220hp

Did I forget to mention ALL MOTOR...hell you can slap a turbo w/ 6 psi and be well over the 220 mark on all 3 set ups! why do you insist on me doing this to you every time? it's gonna be like the last forum I'm gonna make you look so dumb in front of all these people your gonna want to fight me again.....just give it up dude. See I never came at you talking shit. You've always managed to run your mouth and just have to set you straight. Just like your mommy and daddy should've done when you were a little kid and maybe you wouldn't have ended up this way.

remember Horse power per liter the Japanese motors are always kicking your ass!

oh and by the way keep up this shit talking and I'm gonna send one of your post to sport compact and have them show the world how stupid you are! keep running your mouth! or those non typing fingers.....

Kutsuju Racing Pres
uglystick
Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Wed Nov 27, 02   4:54 PM     

just a note, horsepower per liter, john lingenfelter has your ass in a vice. over 600hp per liter...nearly 400 per cylinder. ecotec sonoma drag truck. nuff said.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
Kutsuju_racing
Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Wed Nov 27, 02   4:55 PM     

Nice try baby but I'm talking all motor production cars I'm sorry....hell we can talk Jun 1,300Hp Supra if you would like though.....

Kutsuju Racing Pres
uglystick
Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Wed Nov 27, 02   4:57 PM     

snowmobiles at the track fuckin rock.

and 12's are fast...but hey cutlass, this olds is cooler than yours:

[External Image Removed]

;-)

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
MrPeabody

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Wed Nov 27, 02   8:24 PM     

Hey Kutsuju,
How much do you think I can get a hold of a USDM, (so I can smogg), B18C? Hehehe... I have some plans
I believe the guy at Import Power House said they were doing installs for 800 labor? That includes swapping over to a 96 OBD2 brain...

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Wed Nov 27, 02   9:18 PM     

what is that, like a 66 tornado or somthing? those cars are definatly unique.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
SweetNeon

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Thu Nov 28, 02   12:01 AM     

in stead of wasteing my time responding to the shit load of bull shit you type i'll just put it like this, since turbos are so great on civics how come they havent built one from the factory yet? hummm hard question or what? if they could build a turbo car dont you think they would of done it already to compeat with the other car companys building turbo 4cyls? you sure do talk about hp alot, do you know what torque is? can you tell me how much torque your 1.6 is pushing ?

MrPeabody

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Thu Nov 28, 02   12:36 PM     

Um, torque is kind of redundant with our cars, you can try, but you'll never make gobs of torque out of smaller displacement engines, hence the higher revvs and HP at high RPM's

-Ben

SweetNeon

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Thu Nov 28, 02   2:32 PM     

not true with all 4cyls, honda just dont have the right bore and stroke to make torque, you could easyly make an all motor 2.4 have 200+ lbs of torque but its just not a high reving motor

Gorgoth3k1

Re: New Neon SRT-4   Posted Thu Nov 28, 02   9:56 PM     

i really do wonder why honda hasn't produced a factory-turbo civic... that'd be pretty kewl....

I know Mazda has that Mazdaspeed Protege with a factory turbo...

factory turbo civic might be pretty tight... who knows.. maybe they'll make it... the only reason they haven't is probably b/c they're trying to aim the civic at a different crowd or something... who knows....

-Gor

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3