This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 44039

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6  
uglystick
Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   2:33 PM     

about a 12.9. the tranny is fucked. but if we fixed the tranny and it hooked up probably 12 flat. we're going through the whole engine before we run it again though, most likely. dart heads & intake, jesel belt drive & belt drive distributor. 600 lift full roller cam. 3500 rpm t/c. and a msd 7al. then it'll hook up on bicycle tires if i want it to.

i was just saying, 700 whp awd...that's insane. that car would run solid 10's. not that it isn't dependant on gearing, but still, 700 awd hp is nuts. far more than i have. high estimate on my car would be probably around 490 horse 550 lb ft. nothin much really. we've just spent a lot of time getting the gears to match the cam to match the trans to match the paint...if ya know what i mean. more little strokes than power building ones...now it's time to build more power and accomodate the gears with a computer programmable ignition system with multi-step retard functions...

but not until the dodge is sold, the bimmer and scout are both done...you never heard about the scout did you...ahhhh....it's a fun little bastard.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
Metal396
Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   3:18 PM     

haha ya im leanin alittle more towards the holly carb... Jegs.com has hollys remanufactured for sale, summit doesnt. But i havent found any extra ford kickdown and trans linkage shit for hollys.. do they even need any? if they dont im gettin holly for sure!

i wanna get a 600cfm, cause ive got stock 2 barrel heads, and a WEAK RV cam. It feels like it makes all of its (little bit) power between 2500 and 3500 rpm. Havent gone higher cause the 2 barrel wont let me ...

I was just jokin about the money hehe, thanks alot though. my neighbor is gunna have me lay sod at another one of his houses hes fixin up. I can make some money there. Then mow some lawns... ill find somethin... hehe

Because i cant really do anything with my cam anytime soon, would it be smart to change the rocker ratio? Get some new aftermarket 1.6:1 or 1.7:1 rockers. Theoretically it would help out quite a bit, but I have no idea if it would work much, or be reliable. Thanks

P.S. : the valve train stuff would be after headers and exhaust.. hence long time from now..

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
hooyeah
Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   6:38 PM     

multi-step retard functions...??? you making fun of me?

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
[External Image Removed]
VROOMMMM!
SweetNeon

Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   6:47 PM     

its not my car so i couldnt give a flying fuck, that thing is no more anyways, the guy fliped it racing

MrPeabody

Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   10:37 PM     

"around 490 horse 550 lb ft. nothin much really"

Shit, if my car had that much pullin... damn, I can't even imagine, all 1900 lbs. of it

-Ben

uglystick
Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Fri Nov 22, 02   11:46 AM     

hehehe, it'd be 1900 pounds of smoke machine, that's for sure...

i think the point i was trying to make by saying 'nothin much really' is that cars with that kind of power are a dime a dozen. but not all of them run good times. there's more than hp figures to how fast your car goes down the track. amhik.

j

MrPeabody

Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Fri Nov 22, 02   12:41 PM     

Oh I agree completely, i've beaten some cars that should have flat out spanked me, there's deffinently a huge part on the driver.
I guess I'm just jeasious of how reletivly easy it is, so to speak, to extract big amounts of power from those V8's, with far less investment than say my civic

-Ben

uglystick
Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Fri Nov 22, 02   2:11 PM     

heheh, ben...if i wouldn't have been so impressed with how cheap go fast goodies were for the sbc, i would have never bought it. that WAS the #1 reason why i bought it in the first place...

jason

uglystick
Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Fri Nov 22, 02   3:04 PM     

like my new icon? hopefully this fucker will make some progress tonight. of course, that is not my car. it's a rhd csl that just ran in a targa race down there in new zealand. sure is purdy. like the color? i might paint mine the same color.

jason

MrPeabody

Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Fri Nov 22, 02   5:39 PM     

That's kick ass dude. I was watching the Speed channel last night and they had the Australina V8 Challenge, now that was sweet

-Ben

MrPeabody

Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Fri Nov 22, 02   5:42 PM     

Yeah, my friend has a 65 Chevy truck and he has a 350 in it. He has put so much into that thing, it's gonna fly. After he listed of all the stuff I was sure it cost him like 5000 + then he told me he spent around 2000, I was tripping out

-Ben

Gorgoth3k1

Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Fri Nov 22, 02   7:10 PM     

I just bought this book "Building High Performance Chevy's on a Budget" by David Vizzard.... he has some wicked-ass 600+HP engines he built for less than $3grand.... He does also have one 2-stage nitrous engine that had nearly 900horses for a little over $3grand...

but ya... SBC's have some badass parts for real cheap... hence why i'm puttin a 350 in my fiero

-Gor

LS4_454
Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Fri Nov 22, 02   8:39 PM     

I think SweetNeon HAS been ass raped!

SweetNeon

Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Sat Nov 23, 02   6:29 PM     

lame bitch

LethalToy

Re: More BeeMahs in my shop....   Posted Tue Nov 26, 02   7:27 PM     

Hey Choad, since you ain't from the valley then get the fuck off this site.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6