This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 5254

ispankxuon
what should i do next   Posted Sat Apr 20, 02   3:43 PM     

ok question i dont know what to put next on my car (2000) honda prelude this is what i have so far...intake exhaust headers vtec controller drop 18" enki racing aluminum spoiler cam shafts.. should i work on a ecu chip now or go on to looks?

Friends don't let friends drive...domestics
ALLMOTOR

Re: what should i do next   Posted Sun Apr 21, 02   2:57 AM     

Well you should go show cuz your car is to heavy to make it fast.

Stryker
Re: what should i do next   Posted Sun Apr 21, 02   2:48 PM     

I'd say finish the engine, do everything you want done to the engine, and then work on the looks. We did looks first on my friend's Eclipse. It looked awsome. People saw it and wanted to race it, and he was constantly gettin his ass handed to him cause he had the looks, but he didn't have the speed. He was laughed at for about 6 months untill he could afford to beef up the engine some. Best way to do it is to do all you want to do to the engine, and make it as fast as you want it, then do looks. And if ya wanna add somethin to the engine later, then you already have a fast car and a good lookin car...

~~~::::<Scorpion Stryker>::::~~~
sweetdevil
Re: what should i do next   Posted Sun Apr 21, 02   5:52 PM     

naw, paint it primer gray and then make it fast. but be sure to cut holes in your bumper to make it have less drag. and open headers are cool too...

novaboy

Re: what should i do next   Posted Mon Apr 22, 02   4:17 AM     

freinds dont let friends drive rice!!!!

novaboy
integraracer9x
Re: what should i do next   Posted Mon Apr 22, 02   8:28 AM     

Is it a Prelude Type SH? Or is is the lower model version? Just curious because the Type SH is running a Honda H22A 200hp 7000rpms and 156lbs torque @5250rpms. I think that is running about 2157cc's Displacement. This particular engine would be worth beefing up. However if it is the lower model I wouldn't even bother doing engine work and just concentrate on a showcar. If it really is a Type SH then go for the speed and screw the style untill you can back it up with something.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
Kutsuju_racing
Re: what should i do next   Posted Fri Apr 26, 02   7:07 PM     

To me it's all up to you....I mean what is the most important to you? going fast or looking good? and if it's both you have to write down a battle plan...is it dropped? do you want sounds? or are you ready for underdrive pulley's, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator? all these will give you more torque to move your heavy baby! but it's all up to what you like? do you want to look good for the girls or please yourself by driving faster?

Peter S. Kutsuju Racing Pres
LethalToy

Re: what should i do next   Posted Fri Apr 26, 02   10:41 PM     

Go with some 1 3/4" lowereing coils and some frame connectors, so you can balance handling with performance. Honda built the car to handle the stock hp/torque. Increasing that will put you a bit out of balance. If you drove a '97 T/A stock, then did some engine mods to it and drove it for a while, you would notice it gets a little squirrely. Then if you tweaked the suspension (or drove mine) you would see how much difference there was in the handling. My car can handle a 110 degree corner at 140+ mph with un-noticeable body-roll and NO slippage. A stock T/A with the same mods as mine would have ZERO chance of getting close to those speeds, in a corner, with out goin fishin in the ditch. If your car is ONLY driven on the track, then it won't be as big a deal (still important though.....just different technology). Not many people can afford to have a street, trail and strip machine(s). (Iknow i have 'em, but it doesn't mean i can afford them) So handling does play an important role in your daily driver, especially if you like to race it occasionally or all the time.--------------------------------Anyways, thats my .02 cents CAD = US conversion of .0000000034576 of a US penny.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
PyroSage
Re: what should i do next   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:03 PM     

I KNOW my car isnt fast..so i go on looks. lol. i have a prelude too.. but mine is a 4th gen..not 5th..its a 92 Si V-tech

Fay-Town Import Kidz
novaboy

Re: what should i do next   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:42 PM     

yea cool to bad they didnt have vtec then in anything except the nsx and its v-t-e-c not vtech...silly gurl!

novaboy
LethalToy

Re: what should i do next   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:53 PM     

The 92 Preludes were available with the VTEC. I know for a fact since I used to work for a Honda dealership and sold them. The 95 Preludes with the VTEC are quite desireable due to the initial cost of the car. The 95's retailled for less then the 94's. It was really tough to clear out the last years stock after the '95 came out. I left Honda shortly after the 95 inventory arrived and I kicked myself for not buying one at cost +5.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
novaboy

Re: what should i do next   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:57 PM     

i thought that 93 was the first year they introduced it....maybe the later 92's got it.

novaboy