This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 9900

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
MrPeabody

300ZX Fun   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   10:00 PM     

Weya!
That's all I have to say. Me and my bud got to drive his mom's boyfriend's 300ZX Twin Turbo, shawing! He even let us get on it, (their driveway is like a little over a 1/4 mile. Just made me realise how trully slow my civ is

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:05 AM     

thats what ya get for buying a honda

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:13 AM     

That's what I get for not having 8000 bucks to buy a 300ZX :P

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   11:35 AM     

i cant wait to see what the new one has in store for us.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:33 PM     

is the 300ZX mid-engine?? someone told me they were... I dont know jack shit about 'em... i've just seen a couple of 'em out here fully decked out with fart cans and park benches... but I heard their mid-engined and i dont think they look like it, but i also dont think the DeLorean looks mid-engined, but it is... Is the 300ZX the one called the Blacklady Z? (i think thats what i remember a Z car being called... not sure)

-Gor

Phatmatt

Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:35 PM     

I owned the 300zx TT and have driven the new 350Z. BOTH are hella awesome, I would rather have them than a porsche. They honestly preform about the same as each other but the 350Z is just a little smoother and has more luxuries.

MrPeabody

Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:52 PM     

The 300ZX is front engine rear wheel drive, like all Z cars as far as I know. In Japan they are called Fairlady Z's

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:56 PM     

your knowlege of the Z impresses me grasshopper.

Cutlass

Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   2:45 PM     

i went out and priced one, only 26,868. i may actually have to buy one now. then again i should probably wait until they introduce the turbo modle..you know its coming...

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
Phatmatt

Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   6:18 PM     

yeah, the 350Z is quick, but it has room for improvement.

MrPeabody

Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   11:09 PM     

I'd go with the last 300zx TT, it seems like the new one is too geared towards driving comfort instead of performance, plus the previous has a grip of aftermarket support Hey matt, did you ever have to work on your Z, they look like a bitch since it's all crammed in. The guy who let us drive his is replacing the knock sensor and he has to pull the tranny, ouch

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Mon Nov 4, 02   8:54 AM     

i have always felt that nissan has built a sweet car. im even impressed with the new maximas. 260 hp with a 5 speed. thats sweet, they are a nice confortable car with some power and thats what i like about my GTP. i even hear that the new altimas pack a good punch.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Phatmatt

Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Mon Nov 4, 02   5:33 PM     

Nessian doesn't mess around with cars I find. The altima and maxima are fine automobiles. and YES I did minor work in the Z, but it wasn't like the end of the world. it's a little cramped in the engine but nothing that made me want to kill myself. however I didn't do much to it, besides replacing some parts. It kicked ass to begin with, I didn't have the money to supe it up at the time anyway.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Mon Nov 4, 02   7:52 PM     

Ya.. the Fairlady Z.. I remembered that while my calculus prof was up in front blabbing about sinusoidal eqations.. lol...

but ya... i dont remember who, but someone told me the 300zx was mid-engine... i never thought so, but i just had to ask... i have a thing for mid-engined cars... not sure why... hehe...

but ya... the local autocross league, Spokes.org, has some guy that autoX's his 350Z... its a badass car with that 6-speed tranny and the 3.5L 6 Cylinder engine...

and yes... Nissan makes some badassed cars... the altima is not that fast... i mean... they advertise it with like 235 HP, but it really isn't that fast considering its pushing 4000 pounds or something... (i'm not sure, its just a bigass car)

now... the Nissan Skyline... now THATS a badassed car... I fell in love with the Skyline R34 V-Spec II when I saw a R32 on IH-35... and, sadly, when I saw the skyline in F&F.... but ya.. Nissan has made some pretty neat cars... i also like the 200SX... i have a friend with one of them... its a 14.5 second car... but he runs 16's 'cuz he's not the best driver in the world and the 5-speed is not his friend... hehe... the 14,5 seconds was when i drove it... not great, but its a'ight...

anywho...

the Z cars are all pretty badass... i really like the older Z's... like the 280Z.. thats a pretty sweet car...

-Gor

MrPeabody

Re: 300ZX Fun   Posted Mon Nov 4, 02   8:45 PM     

It's all about the original 240z. Those were the best

-Ben

Pages in this thread: (1) 2