This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 4844

uglystick
CVSR, meet Marty Roach...   Posted Thu Oct 24, 02   3:10 PM     

well y'all, i have this friend out on the east coast named marty roach. he's a fucking nutcase, y'all would love him. here's what he did to his bmw 3.0 cs:

[External Image Removed]

yes, that is a holley 4bbl. he says my affinity for electrial shit is akin to bein a faggot. i say it needs to be fuel injected so it'll start in the dead of winter so i can take it mud boggin.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
Phatmatt

Re: CVSR, meet Marty Roach...   Posted Thu Oct 24, 02   7:46 PM     

ha ha. you guys are as crazy as I've been told I am.

Phatmatt

Re: CVSR, meet Marty Roach...   Posted Thu Oct 24, 02   7:47 PM     

let me know how that holley works on that bmw too. I'm getting a few ideas.... mwa ha ha ha.

MrPeabody

Re: CVSR, meet Marty Roach...   Posted Thu Oct 24, 02   10:33 PM     

Sweet. I'm all for FI, but non the less sweet.

-Ben

uglystick
Re: CVSR, meet Marty Roach...   Posted Fri Oct 25, 02   11:03 AM     

matt,

this is nothing. i mean, it was creative, and it runs well, but he warns people off of it in the faq page he wrote about it. but to friends, he says it rocks. a big gas smelling at idle, but other than that it screams. 288 cam, etc. as well with a close ratio dogleg 5 speed (no overdrive, those boxes are like gold in the vintage bmw community), and a limited slip rear diff.

here's the link: http://texasconsulate.com/faq/carbfaq2.htm

and another link to explain 'mad gau disease,' an affliction that many of us have which was created by a guy named bill gau, who bought the bmw bavaria below as an auxilary function of buying the trailer it sat on, then turned it into the photo below that. we're a crazy lot. the senior six special interest group (a division of the bmw car club of america) has the following slogan: TO OFFEND AND HORRIFY.

the bill gau bastard car, when he bought it (he bought the trailer, car came with it) and yes, the name of the file displayed below IS trailerqueen.jpg:

[External Image Removed]

the bill gau callaway turbo car when completed, license plate 'DUCK FAT':

[External Image Removed]

and under the hood, equipped with calloway turbo w/ AiResearch Turbo, bosch injection, mallory optical distributor (custom), msd ignition, turbo 745i head, 3.5l w/ dished pistons:

[External Image Removed]

yes, we're as crazy as the american iron crowd, why do you think i fit in so well...this is where i came from.

jason

uglystick
Re: CVSR, meet Marty Roach...   Posted Fri Oct 25, 02   11:15 AM     

and then you've got zane coker, he's as crazy as a shithouse rat. he don't talk to any of us much because i think he's always either rebuilding this monster 3.8 liter straight six or working his ass off to pay for said rebuild. it puts over 700rwhp to the pavement...will burn out in overdrive 5th at 80mph. TWIN haltech e6k's (one runs fuel injection, the other alcohol/water injection), water to air intercooler, hybrid turbo, etc...the pictures do it justice, i can't attempt to do so:

the engine bay:
[External Image Removed]

and the intercooler:
[External Image Removed]

yes matt, we're as crazy as you are.

jason

MrPeabody

Re: CVSR, meet Marty Roach...   Posted Fri Oct 25, 02   1:17 PM     

Dear lord aunt jamima, I think I soiled my self. :P

-Ben

Stryker
Re: CVSR, meet Marty Roach...   Posted Fri Oct 25, 02   1:39 PM     

droooooooooooooool

~~~::::<Curtis Stryker>::::~~~
Phatmatt

Re: CVSR, meet Marty Roach...   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   9:39 PM     

dear god in heaven. I'm sorry but I've simply been out done. the 700hp bimmer just puts me to shame. I am worthless....worthless I tell you. All I can do is sit back and let the saliva fall from my mouth to the ground.

These men ARE car gods correct?

uglystick
Re: CVSR, meet Marty Roach...   Posted Mon Nov 4, 02   11:52 AM     

that bimmer puts most strip-only NIRA cars to shame...the owner did all the work himself, btw.

jason

MrPeabody

Re: CVSR, meet Marty Roach...   Posted Mon Nov 4, 02   3:02 PM     

As it should be

-Ben